Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Caldo Verde com Chouriço (Portuguese Collard Green Soup) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Caldo Verde com Chouriço (Portuguese Collard Green Soup) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Thing To Follow.
The benefits of healthy eating are today being given more attention than ever before and there are many reasons for this. There are a number of diseases related to a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from conditions such as heart disease and hypertension. There are more and more efforts to try to get people to lead a healthier way of living and yet it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is often bad for our health. In all likelihood, most people think that it takes a lot of work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically alter their lifestyle. Contrary to that information, individuals can modify their eating habits for the better by carrying out a couple of modest changes.
Initially, you must be very careful when food shopping that you don’t unthinkingly put things in your cart that you don’t want to eat. For instance, have you ever checked how much sugar and salt are in your breakfast cereal? Consuming a bowl of oatmeal will provide you with the energy to face the day while protecting your heart simultaneously. Add fruits or spices to improve how the oatmeal tastes and now you have a breakfast that can be a regular part of your new healthy diet.
Obviously, it’s easy to begin incorporating healthy eating into your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to caldo verde com chouriço (portuguese collard green soup) recipe. You can cook caldo verde com chouriço (portuguese collard green soup) using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook Caldo Verde com Chouriço (Portuguese Collard Green Soup):
- You need 2 tbs of extra virgin olive oil.
- Get 1 of chouriço,linguiça or Spanish chorizo sliced in 1/4 inch rounds.
- Take 1 of large onion, diced.
- Prepare to taste of Salt and white pepper,.
- Prepare 3 of garlic cloves, minced.
- Use 6 of large potatoes, peeled and chopped.
- You need 4 cups of chicken stock AND 3 cups of water.
- Take 1 pound of (medium bunch) collard greens or kale, sliced thin *****.
Steps to make Caldo Verde com Chouriço (Portuguese Collard Green Soup):
- In a large pot, add your olive oil and brown the chouriço on medium heat. Allow the fat from the sausage to really come out as this helps flavour the soup. Once done, remove chouriço with slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add the onions and cook until translucent, then add your garlic. Stir to combine.
- Add your raw potatoes to the pot, stir then add your water and chicken broth. Bring everything to a boil, then reduce heat and let simmer until the potatoes are fork tender.
- Using a wand blender, puree the soup to a smooth consistency. You want it mostly smooth but a few SMALL potato pieces are fine..
- Season with salt and pepper to your taste. Add your collard greens (or kale) and your choiriço back to the pot and bring back up to just a boil, then reduce heat and let simmer for 3-5 min.
- Serve with bread if desired.
- ** note: remember to remove the stem from your greens.
If you find this Caldo Verde com Chouriço (Portuguese Collard Green Soup) recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.