Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Mangalorean Pomfret Fish Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Mangalorean Pomfret Fish Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Choice.
Healthy eating is now a good deal more popular than in the past and rightfully so. Poor diet is a contributing factor in illnesses such as heart disease and hypertension which can put a drain on the economy. Wherever you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy lifestyle but but then, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a terrible way. It is likely that a lot of people feel it will take great effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to how they live. It is possible, though, to make some minor changes that can start to make a difference to our daily eating habits.
One initial thing you can do is to pay close attention to the choices you make when you’re at the grocery because you most likely buy a lot of items out of habit. For example, if you have a bowl of cereal for breakfast, do you ever check to see what the sugar and salt content is before buying? A superb healthy substitute can be porridge oats which have been found to be great for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy each day. Mix in fruits or spices to improve how the oatmeal tastes and now you have a breakfast that can be a usual part of your new healthy eating regimen.
As you can see, it’s not at all difficult to begin integrating healthy eating into your life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to mangalorean pomfret fish curry recipe. You can cook mangalorean pomfret fish curry using 15 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Mangalorean Pomfret Fish Curry:
- Prepare 500 grams of Pomfret /Any fish of your choice.
- Take 12 of dried red chilies (6 Spicy chilies, 6 byadagi chilies).
- You need 1 inch of diameter tamarind ball.
- You need 2 of medium sized onion chopped.
- Use 2 of green chilies.
- Take 10-12 cloves of garlic.
- Use 1 inch of ginger root.
- Take 1/2 tsp of black peppercorn.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cumin seeds.
- Provide 1/8 th tsp of fenugreek seeds.
- Prepare 1 and ½ tsp of coriander seeds.
- You need 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Get 10-12 of curry leaves.
- Provide As required of Cooking Oil.
- Provide as per taste of Salt.
Instructions to make Mangalorean Pomfret Fish Curry:
- Put ¼th tsp turmeric powder and ½ tsp salt. Smear the fish with turmeric powder and salt and let it rest. Meanwhile, we will make a masala paste. Put red chilies in a grinder jar. Add green chilies, chopped onions, fenugreek seeds, Add black peppercorn, ginger, cumin seeds, Coriander seeds, garlic, turmeric powder. Grind all ingredients into a thick and fine paste..
- Soak tamarind ball in ¼th cup warm water. Later we will extract pulp from it. In a pan, put Masala paste, tamarind pulp, salt to taste. Add 1 cup water and allow it to boil on medium heat As the gravy begins to simmer, add 1 cup water. Reduce the heat and simmer. After 3-4 minutes of simmering, add fish and let it cook for 10 mins..
- Fish gets cooked in 7-8 minutes. Turn off the flame and prepare for tempering. Heat 2 tbsp oil and add curry leaves. Pour this on top of the curry. Fish curry can be relished with Steamed rice or Neer Dosa..
If you find this Mangalorean Pomfret Fish Curry recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.