Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, if you’re looking for Easy green vegetable lemongrass soup #vegan #vegetarian #gluten-free #paleo recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Easy green vegetable lemongrass soup #vegan #vegetarian #gluten-free #paleo recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Easy green vegetable lemongrass soup #vegan #vegetarian #gluten-free #paleo recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Day-To-Day Life.
The benefits of healthy eating are now being given more publicity than ever before and there are a number of reasons for this. Poor diet is one factor in illnesses such as heart disease and hypertension which can place a drain on the economy. Wherever you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier lifestyle but on the other hand, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a bad way. It is likely that many people assume it will take so much effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to how they live. It is possible, though, to make several simple changes that can start to make a positive impact to our daily eating habits.
One initial thing you can do is to pay close attention to the choices you make when you’re at the grocery since you most likely pick out many items out of habit. For instance, most probably you have never checked the box of your favorite cereal to see how much sugar it contains. Having a bowl of oatmeal will give you the energy to face the day while protecting your heart simultaneously. You don’t like eating oatmeal on its own, try adding fresh fruits that can supply you with other healthy nutrients and as such, one simple change to your diet has been achieved.
Hence, it should be somewhat obvious that it’s not at all hard to add healthy eating to your everyday life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to easy green vegetable lemongrass soup #vegan #vegetarian #gluten-free #paleo recipe. You can have easy green vegetable lemongrass soup #vegan #vegetarian #gluten-free #paleo using 27 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook Easy green vegetable lemongrass soup #vegan #vegetarian #gluten-free #paleo:
- You need 1/2 head of broccoli or 2-3 broccoli stems.
- Take 1 of Zucchini.
- Use 100 g of asparagus.
- You need 1-2 of carrots or 1 cup of frozen peas (for bulk).
- Provide 300 g of Kale, Bok Choy, Collard greens or a combinaton.
- Get 1 of Celery stick.
- Prepare 1 of small leek.
- Prepare 3-4 of Shallots or 1 large / 2 medium onions.
- Use 3-4 cloves of Garlic.
- You need 1.5 L of Vegetable (or chicken) stock or water (more if more vegetables).
- Take 2 of Bayleaf.
- You need 2-3 of kaffir lime leaf.
- Prepare 200 g of – 300g Fresh spinach.
- Prepare of For spices / garnish.
- Prepare 2-3 of Kaffir like leaf or 1 tbs lime zest.
- Get 2 of Bay leaves.
- Provide 1 tbs of Lemongrass paste or 2 lemongrass sticks.
- Use 1 tbs of Galangal or ginger or 1 thumb-size fresh ginger, chopped.
- Provide 1 tablespoon of Sweet basil.
- Get 1 tbs of oregano.
- You need 1 tbs of thyme.
- Take 1 teaspoon of mint.
- Take 1/2 teaspoon of chives (optional).
- Provide of Optional: 1 low-sodium, organic vegetable stock cube.
- You need to taste of salt & pepper.
- Provide of Olive oil or Ghee (to saute onions, garlic & leak).
- Take 1 bunch of fresh parsley (replace with dry if not available).
Instructions to make Easy green vegetable lemongrass soup #vegan #vegetarian #gluten-free #paleo:
- Chop up all vegetables for the soup. You will add them to the water in order of 'hardness' as not to overcook softer vegetables..
- Put Ghee or olive oil in a pan and saute onion / shallots and garlic on medium fire, stirring the entire time. Cook until onion / shallots become clear, but not brow. Add leak and ginger (if fresh) and saute for another 3-4 minutes..
- Add vegetable stock and 'hard' vegetables – carrots, broccoli stems, peas, etc + any vegetables that are frozen..
- Add all the spices and herbs, with the exception of fresh parsley..
- Cook on low-medium fire until the hardest vegetable (eg carrot) is soft enough to pierce with a fork but still crunchy. Add medium hard vegetables, such as broccoli, Kale, asparagus. Note: Asparagus stems need to cook longer than asparagus tips. Cook for 3-4 few minutes and then add zucchini. Cook until broccoli can be pierced with a fork. Add more water if required throughout cooking..
- Add spinach and cook until it wilts – should not be more than 2 minutes so that it stays green. This adds wonderful green colour to the soup. Note: if using frozen spinach, add it at the same time as zucchini..
- Turn off the heat and let it cool to room temperature..
- Combine the cooked ingredients in the blender with a generous amount of fresh parsley and purée until desired consistency..
- Garnish with sprouts, seeds, or flaked almonds. You can also add a tablespoon or two of cooked quinoa for a filling full-meal..
- The soup freezes extremely well so you can apportion it to desired quantities and take out during the week. (you may need to add water once heated up).
If you find this Easy green vegetable lemongrass soup #vegan #vegetarian #gluten-free #paleo recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.