Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Caldo Verde com Chouriço (Portuguese Collard Green Soup) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Caldo Verde com Chouriço (Portuguese Collard Green Soup) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be A Chore.
Healthy eating is now much more popular than before and rightfully so. There are many health conditions related to a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from health problems such as heart disease and high blood pressure. Everywhere you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier way of life but then again, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a detrimental way. In all probability, a lot of people believe that it takes a lot of work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically alter their way of life. In reality, however, merely making a few modest changes can positively impact everyday eating habits.
One way to deal with this to start seeing some results is to understand that you do not have to alter everything right away or that you need to altogether get rid of certain foods from your diet. It’s not a bad idea if you want to make considerable changes, but the most vital thing is to gradually switch to making healthier eating selections. Soon enough, you will discover that you actually prefer to ingest healthy foods after you have eaten that way for a while. Slowly, your eating habits will change and your new eating habits will entirely replace the way you ate previously.
As you can see, it is not hard to start making healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to caldo verde com chouriço (portuguese collard green soup) recipe. You can cook caldo verde com chouriço (portuguese collard green soup) using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Caldo Verde com Chouriço (Portuguese Collard Green Soup):
- Prepare 2 tbs of extra virgin olive oil.
- Take 1 of chouriço,linguiça or Spanish chorizo sliced in 1/4 inch rounds.
- Prepare 1 of large onion, diced.
- Take to taste of Salt and white pepper,.
- Use 3 of garlic cloves, minced.
- Use 6 of large potatoes, peeled and chopped.
- Use 4 cups of chicken stock AND 3 cups of water.
- Use 1 pound of (medium bunch) collard greens or kale, sliced thin *****.
Steps to make Caldo Verde com Chouriço (Portuguese Collard Green Soup):
- In a large pot, add your olive oil and brown the chouriço on medium heat. Allow the fat from the sausage to really come out as this helps flavour the soup. Once done, remove chouriço with slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add the onions and cook until translucent, then add your garlic. Stir to combine.
- Add your raw potatoes to the pot, stir then add your water and chicken broth. Bring everything to a boil, then reduce heat and let simmer until the potatoes are fork tender.
- Using a wand blender, puree the soup to a smooth consistency. You want it mostly smooth but a few SMALL potato pieces are fine..
- Season with salt and pepper to your taste. Add your collard greens (or kale) and your choiriço back to the pot and bring back up to just a boil, then reduce heat and let simmer for 3-5 min.
- Serve with bread if desired.
- ** note: remember to remove the stem from your greens.
If you find this Caldo Verde com Chouriço (Portuguese Collard Green Soup) recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.