Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect My Southern Collard Greens recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to My Southern Collard Greens recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Goodies that provide You Power.
We are all aware that consuming healthy foods can help us really feel better within our bodies. If we eat more healthy snacks and less of the unhealthy ones we generally feel much better. A piece of pizza doesn’t have you feeling as healthy as consuming a fresh green salad. This is usually a problem, nevertheless, in terms of eating between meals. Shopping for snack foods can be a struggle because you have a great number of options. Why not try some of the following nutritious snacks the next time you need some extra energy?
Yogurt is a snack many individuals neglect. The truth is, many people will substitute a container of yogurt for a healthy lunch-something we don’t recommend. As a snack, however, yogurt is one of the very best things you are able to reach for. It is made up of tons of calcium, protein, and B vitamins. Yogurt is easy for the human body to digest and, depending on the type of culture made use of to make the yogurt youre eating, can also help manage your digestive system. Try adding some healthy nuts to unsweetened natural yogurt for a healthy snack idea. It’s an excellent method to take pleasure in a flavorful snack without the need of too much sugar.
You do not have to look far to discover a wide variety of healthy snacks that can be easily prepared. Being healthy doesnt need to be a battle-if you let it, it can be quite uncomplicated.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to my southern collard greens recipe. To make my southern collard greens you only need 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook My Southern Collard Greens:
- Take 1 lb of Fresh or canned collard greens.
- Use 4 slices of bacon.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of oil.
- Get 1 of medium yellow onion (chopped).
- Take 4 of garlic cloves (minced).
- Prepare 1-2 cups of chicken broth or 2 tbsp chicken soup base.
- Use 1 1/2 tsp of brown sugar.
- Use Pinch of salt (optional).
- Prepare to taste of Black pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp of butter.
Instructions to make My Southern Collard Greens:
- Cook the bacon on medium heat until it begins to crisp up. Once it does, remove it from the skillet and chop into bite-sized pieces..
- Add olive oil and onion, fry it for 5-7 minutes, stirring frequently until softened. Afterwards add the garlic and cook an additional 30 seconds before adding in the collard greens..
- After you stir the greens together with the onions and garlic, add in the chicken broth or soup base, brown sugar, salt, pepper and stir well, reduce heat to low and simmer for 90 minutes until the collard greens are tender. Ya'll they're so good. You'll end up eating the whole pan like I do.😎.
If you find this My Southern Collard Greens recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.