Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, if you’re looking for Healthy Mashed Potatoes recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Healthy Mashed Potatoes recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Healthy Mashed Potatoes recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Life.
Choosing to eat healthily offers great benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. The overall economy is impacted by the number of men and women who are suffering from health problems such as hypertension, which is directly related to poor eating habits. Even though we’re always being advised to adopt healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not good for us. It is likely that many people feel it will take great effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to the way they live. In reality, however, merely making a couple of modest changes can positively impact daily eating habits.
These changes are possible with all types of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you use on bread. For instance, monounsaturated fat like as olive oil can be helpful in offsetting the bad cholesterol in your diet. It also provides vitamin E which is healthy for your skin, among other things. If you currently consume a lot of fresh fruits and veggies, you may want to think about where you’re buying them and if it’s the best source. Organic foods are a superb choice and will reduce any possible exposure to deadly pesticides. Finding a local supplier of fresh fruits and veggies will give you the option of consuming foods that still contain most of the nutrients which are oftentimes lost when produce has been kept in storage before selling it.
All in all, it is not difficult to start making healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to healthy mashed potatoes recipe. You can have healthy mashed potatoes using 6 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to cook Healthy Mashed Potatoes:
- Get 4 lb of Yukon Gold potatoes white or , (about 10), peeled & cubed.
- Provide 1 cup of sour cream reduced – fat or light.
- Use 1/2 cup of , (1/2 of 8 oz tub 1/3 less fat cream cheese).
- Provide 2 tsps of onion powder.
- Take 1 of bacon slice , cooked , crumbled.
- You need 2 of green onions , sliced.
Instructions to make Healthy Mashed Potatoes:
- Cook potatoes in a large saucepan of boiling water 10 to 15 minutes or until tender; drain. Place in a large bowl. Add the sour cream, reduced-fat cream cheese and onion powder; mash until creamy..
- Spoon into a lightly greased 2 quart casserole; cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate up to 2 days. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Discard plastic wrap..
- Preheat oven to 350° F..
- Bake 1 hour or until heated through. Sprinkle with the bacon and green onions..
If you find this Healthy Mashed Potatoes recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.