Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Filled bread balls recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Filled bread balls recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Wholesome Energy Goodies.
Enjoying healthy foods can make all the difference in the way we feel. When we eat more healthy snacks and less of the bad ones we usually feel much better. A salad allows us to feel a lot better than a piece of pizza (physically in any case). This is usually a problem, however, with regards to eating between snacks. Shopping for snacks can be a difficult task because you have a great number of options. Why not try some of the following healthy snacks the next time you need some extra energy?
Whole grain foods are an excellent choice for a fast balanced snack. A mid-morning snack of whole grain bread together with some protein will maintain you until it’s time for the afternoon meal. Eating on the run may be much healthier with whole grain chips and crackers. Make the change from refined products including white bread to the healthier whole grain options.
A large assortment of quick health snacks is easily available. Being healthy doesnt have to be a battle-if you let it, it can be quite easy.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to filled bread balls recipe. You can cook filled bread balls using 15 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook Filled bread balls:
- You need of Bread dough.
- Take 500 grams of ready made bread flour, any kind.
- Provide 340 ml of luke warm water.
- Provide 2 of to 3 tablespoons of olive oil (or anything else).
- Get 20 grams of of flour, to sprinkle on top of the dough.
- Provide of Filling.
- You need 500 grams of ground beef.
- Get 1 of onion.
- Take 1 tbsp of of oil.
- Provide 2 of to 3 bell peppers.
- Get 2 of tomatoes.
- Take 1 of salt, pepper to taste.
- Prepare 1 of chili flakes – optional.
- Get 1 of little bit of dried or fresh oregano and thyme, to taste.
- Prepare 300 grams of cheese (mozzarella, gouda…… mild cheese).
Steps to make Filled bread balls:
- Get your bread dough ready, you can literally use any kind of bread dough you like – I love ciabatta bread dough with it, but anything will do, as long as it isn't sweet. Use about 500 grams / 1 pound / half the package of it, to make a decent amount of those little things! Just put the premixed flour into a bowl and add the required amount of water to it, about lukewarm in order to let the yeast do its job. Knead for a bit, mix well.. to make it less sticky, you might want to add 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil. Other oil would work, however olive oil is the best in my eyes..
- Now sprinkle some flour over the dough, cover it and let it sit, for about 30-60 minutes..
- Meanwhile, chop the onion finely, drop the pieces into a pan, add the ground beef and a little oil, and start cooking it. Wait until the ground beef gets a little brown, and cooked through..
- Remove the stems and seeds of both bell peppers, and cut them into little pieces. Add to the ground beef in the pan. Then cut the tomatoes into small pieces as well, and add to the pan too. Add some salt and pepper, the oregano and thyme – and if you want, some chili flakes to the mix in the pan..
- Now take about 2 thirds of the cheese and grate it, or cut into small pieces. Add into the pan, and melt completely. You might require more cheese, depending on how much meat and how many vegetables you used. Everything should get a little bit of melted cheese onto it, so don't be stingy with it! Afterwards, remove pan from heat. Grate the rest of the cheese, and put onto a plate in a reachable spot..
- Now your dough should be ready. Sprinkle some flour on the table, get the dough out, on top of the flour, and try to shape it into a square, as good as possible. Its just easier to split into the 12 pieces like that. Of course you can also make more and smaller bread balls, just split dough into desired amount. Use a butter knife, or a plastic pizza cutter, or anything to split the dough into the 12 pieces..
- Start with your first portion of dough. Get some flour on your hands, to not get completely stuck in the dough, maybe some on the spot where you are going to be working at.. Press the dough into a flat shape, as if you were going to make a little pizza. Sprinkle some of your grated cheese on it, and add some of the filling you made before. Then pull on all the sides of the little dough pizza and close it, shaping a little ball out of it. Repeat until all dough is used up! Don't forget to start preheating your oven at about the time you're halfway finished with the dough. 220°F Celsius / 430 Fahrenheit are good..
- Place all your little bread balls onto a oven rack, covered with a greased baking paper, as they might (if your dough got very thin at some point) open up a bit, and spill some of their filling. Bake for about 18-24 minutes, until they start getting a little brown..
If you find this Filled bread balls recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.