Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, if you’re looking for Potato Soup recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Potato Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Potato Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Daily Life.
Healthy eating is today much more popular than before and rightfully so. There are a number of diseases related to a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from conditions such as heart disease and high blood pressure. While we’re incessantly being encouraged to follow healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not good for us. It is likely that lots of people assume it will take a lot of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to how they live. It is possible, however, to make some small changes that can start to make a positive impact to our day-to-day eating habits.
One initial thing you can do is to pay close attention to the choices you make when you’re shopping for food since you most probably buy a lot of food items out of habit. For instance, if you eat cereal for your breakfast, do you ever look to see what the sugar and salt content is before getting it? Having a bowl of oatmeal will supply you with the energy to face the day while protecting your heart at the same time. Mix in fruits or spices to improve how the oatmeal tastes and now you have a breakfast that can become a regular part of your new healthy eating regimen.
To sum up, it is not hard to begin to make healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to potato soup recipe. To make potato soup you need 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Potato Soup:
- You need 3 TBSP of Unsalted Butter,.
- Use 1/2 of Yellow Onion Finely Sliced,.
- Use 4 of Leeks White and Light Green Parts Only Coarsely Sliced,.
- Prepare 3 Cloves of Garlic Finely Minced,.
- Prepare 1 KG of Yukon Gold Potatoes Peeled Coarsely Diced,.
- You need 1.5 L of Vegetable Stock,.
- Get of Bay Leaves Halved, 2.
- Take 1 TSP of Herbes de Provence,.
- You need Pinch of Sea Salt,.
- Take Pinch of Black Pepper,.
- Use Pinch of Cayenne,.
- Take 1 Cup of Heavy Cream,.
- Take of Parsley Finely Chopped, For Garnishing.
Steps to make Potato Soup:
- In a sauce pot over medium heat, add butter. Once butter has completely melted, add in onion and leeks. Saute until the onions are translucent and the leeks starts to soften. Add in garlic and potatoes..
- Saute until aromatic. Add in vegetable stock, bag leaves and herbes de provence. Stir to combine well. Bring it up to a simmer..
- Reduce the heat down to low. Cover and cook until the potatoes are fork tender. Taste and adjust for seasoning with salt, pepper and cayenne. Fish the bay leaves out and discard..
- Slowly and carefully transfer into a blender. *You may have to do it in batches.* Blitz until smooth. Return the soup back into the pot..
- Add in cream. Stir to combine well. If you like your soup to be thicker, continue cooking and reduce to the consistency as desired. If you like your soup to be thinner, add in more vegetable stock and cook as desired..
- Taste and adjust for final seasonings. Serve with a light garnish of parsley..
If you find this Potato Soup recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.