Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Sancocho de gallina ~ Colombian soup recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Sancocho de gallina ~ Colombian soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Sancocho de gallina ~ Colombian soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be A Chore.
The benefits of healthy eating are these days being given more publicity than ever before and there are many reasons for this. There are many illnesses related to a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from diseases such as heart disease and hypertension. There are more and more campaigns to try to get us to follow a more healthy way of living and yet it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is not good for our health. In all probability, most people believe that it takes too much work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically change their way of life. It is possible, though, to make a few minor changes that can start to make a difference to our day-to-day eating habits.
Initially, you must be extremely careful when you are shopping for food that you don’t automatically put things in your cart that you don’t wish to eat. As an example, most likely you have never checked the box of your favorite cereal to find out its sugar content. One wholesome option that can give you a positive start to your day is oatmeal. By adding fresh fruit, you can improve the flavor and, before you know it, you will have made a good change to your diet.
As you can see, it’s not difficult to start integrating healthy eating into your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to sancocho de gallina ~ colombian soup recipe. To make sancocho de gallina ~ colombian soup you need 9 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Sancocho de gallina ~ Colombian soup:
- Prepare 2 of chicken drumsticks.
- Prepare 1 of whole spring onion.
- Get of Small bunch of coriander.
- You need 1/2 of onion.
- Use 1 of green plantain.
- You need 2 of medium large sized potatoes.
- You need 1 of corn on the cob.
- Provide 1 of medium cassava.
- Use of See step one for sofrito ingredients!.
Instructions to make Sancocho de gallina ~ Colombian soup:
- 3 teaspoons of olive oil 1 chopped spring onion A bunch of coriander, finely chopped 2 large garlic cloves, finely chopped 1 tomato, finely chopped Season with salt and pepper, one teaspoon chicken powder 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin.
- Boil a large pot of water and add in the chicken, 1/2 onion, 1 whole spring onion and a small bunch of coriander. Bring this to the boil and then reduce the heat to medium for 15 minutes..
- Prepare the veg whilst the soup is boiling. Peel and cut the plantain and cassava..
- Break the corn in cob in half and peel and cut the potatoes into smaller pieces..
- After 15 mins of the soup cooking, in a separate pan, prepare the sofrito by mixing all the ingredients listed under the sofrito title. Using medium heat, cook this until it becomes soft and slightly saucy. Remove the chicken from the soup pot and place these in the sofrito mix to cook for another five mins. Remove from heat..
- Now with the soup, remove the 1/2 onion and whole spring onion. Add the cassava, plantain, potatoes and corn. Add in the chopped coriander and chicken powder and cook on a low heat until the vegetables are soft and tender when pierced. I covered the pot and let this cook..
- Add the sofrito mix to the soup..
- Simmer for another 5 mins.
- Serve with fresh chopped coriander. Enjoy :).
If you find this Sancocho de gallina ~ Colombian soup recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.