Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Butternut soup recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Butternut soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Butternut soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Nutritious Energy Snacks.
Healthy and balanced eating encourages a feeling of health and wellbeing. Whenever we eat more healthy meals and less of the unhealthy ones we generally feel much better. Eating fresh vegetables helps you feel a lot better than eating a slice of pizza. Sometimes it’s difficult to find healthy foods for something to eat between meals. Finding snack foods that help us feel better and boost our stamina often involves lots of shopping and meticulous reading of labels. Why not try some of the following nutritious snacks the next time you need some extra energy?
One of the most popular snacks is natural yogurt. In fact, many people will substitute a container of yogurt for a healthy lunch-something we do not recommend. You can’t beat yogurt when it comes to a wholesome snack though. It is a protein-rich supply of nutritious minerals and vitamins. Yogurt is very easy for the body to digest and, based on the type of culture utilized to make the yogurt youre eating, can also help manage your digestive system. Easy hint: select unsweetened yogurt and add walnuts or flaxseeds. This minimizes your sugar consumption without reducing the taste of your snack.
You do not have to look far to discover a wide selection of healthy snacks that can be easily prepared. Choosing to live a healthy life style can be as simple as you want it to be.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to butternut soup recipe. You can cook butternut soup using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Butternut soup:
- Use 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Provide 1 of medium onion, diced.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 2 teaspoons of grated fresh ginger (or 1 teaspoon powdered ginger).
- Prepare 3/4 teaspoon of sea salt.
- Provide 1/4 teaspoon of white pepper.
- Use 1/2 teaspoon of fresh or dried thyme leaves, finely chopped.
- You need 1 of medium butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes.
- Use 4 cups of vegetable stock (or use chicken stock for a non-vegan soup or water).
- Take 3/4 cup of coconut milk (or use half and half for a rich, non-vegan soup).
- Use of fresh thyme sprigs, coconut cream (or heavy cream) for garnish.
Instructions to make Butternut soup:
- Heat a large pot over medium heat. Add the olive oil..
- Add the onion, garlic, ginger, salt and pepper, and thyme, and saute until the onion is soft and transparent..
- Add the cubed butternut squash and toss in the onion mixture..
- Add the vegetable stock and stir to combine (You might need to add a little more or less stock, depending on the size of your squash. The liquid level should be just slightly lower than the squash)..
- Add the lid to the pot and bring to a boil over medium-high heat..
- Once the soup reaches a boil turn the heat down to medium-low and simmer for about 20 minutes or until the butternut squash is very tender when you pierce it with a fork..
- Remove the soup from the heat and add the coconut milk..
- Puree with a hand-held immersion blender, or puree in batches in a regular counter-top blender..
- Serve immediately with a garnish of fresh thyme and some coconut cream or yogurt, or store in airtight containers in the fridge or freezer..
If you find this Butternut soup recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.