Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Comforting Pumpkin (Kabocha Squash) Potage recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Comforting Pumpkin (Kabocha Squash) Potage recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be A Chore.
Healthy eating is now much more popular than before and rightfully so. There are many illnesses linked with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from health problems such as heart disease and hypertension. No matter where you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy lifestyle but on the other hand, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a bad way. In all likelihood, a lot of people assume that it takes a great deal of work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically change their way of life. In reality, though, merely making a couple of small changes can positively impact daily eating habits.
Initially, you will need to be extremely careful when you are shopping for food that you don’t automatically put things in your basket that you no longer want to eat. For instance, did you ever think to check how much sugar and salt are in your preferred cereal? One healthy alternative that can give you a healthy start to your day is oatmeal. If this is not to your liking on its own, try adding fresh fruits that can supply you with other healthy nutrients and as such, one modest change to your diet has been achieved.
As you can see, it’s not at all hard to start incorporating healthy eating into your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to comforting pumpkin (kabocha squash) potage recipe. You can have comforting pumpkin (kabocha squash) potage using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to make Comforting Pumpkin (Kabocha Squash) Potage:
- Take 200 grams of without seeds and skin Pumpkin (Kabocha Squash).
- Prepare 1/2 of Onion.
- Take 20 grams of Butter.
- You need 200 ml of Water.
- You need 1 of Consomme soup stock cube or bouillon.
- Provide 100 ml of Milk.
- You need 50 ml of Heavy cream.
- Get 1 dash of Salt and pepper.
- Take 1 of Heavy cream (to finish).
Steps to make Comforting Pumpkin (Kabocha Squash) Potage:
- Cut the kabocha squash into 5 mm thick slices. Thinly slice the onion..
- Add the butter in a frying pan, and turn on the heat. Add the kabocha squash and onion, and stir-fry over medium heat for 2 ~ 3 minutes without burning..
- When the onion becomes transparent, soft, and wilted, add the water and consomme. Bring to a boil, cover with a lid, and simmer for about 10 minutes over low heat. (until the kabocha squash is about to fall apart.).
- Let Step 3 cool then puree in a food processor or a blender. Strain through a fine mesh sieve, and transfer to a small pot..
- Put the pot with the Step 4 puree over the heat, and add the milk and heavy cream little by little. Adjust the taste with salt and pepper, bring to a boil, and your done..
- Serve in a bowl, swirl in heavy cream if you'd like, and enjoy It's also delicious served cold in the summer..
- I recommend this recipe, "Candied Kabocha Squash" made with leftover kabocha squash skin https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/153032-kabocha-squash-sticks-kenpi.
If you find this Comforting Pumpkin (Kabocha Squash) Potage recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.