Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Vickys Roasted Butternut Squash & Parsnip Soup GF DF EF SF NF recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Vickys Roasted Butternut Squash & Parsnip Soup GF DF EF SF NF recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be A Chore.
Choosing to eat healthily has marvelous benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. There are numerous diseases linked with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from health problems such as heart disease and high blood pressure. Wherever you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier way of life but then again, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a terrible way. It is likely that lots of people assume it will take so much effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to how they live. It is possible, though, to make a few simple changes that can start to make a good impact on our day-to-day eating habits.
The first change to make is to pay more attention to what you buy when you go to the grocery since it is likely that you have the tendency to pick up many of the things without thinking. For example, if you have cereal for breakfast, do you ever look to see what the sugar and salt content is before purchasing? A good healthy alternative can be porridge oats which have been shown to be beneficial for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy each day. If this is not to your liking on its own, try mixing in fresh fruits that have other healthy nutrients and as such, one simple change to your diet has been achieved.
Thus, it should be quite obvious that it’s not at all hard to add healthy eating to your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to vickys roasted butternut squash & parsnip soup gf df ef sf nf recipe. To make vickys roasted butternut squash & parsnip soup gf df ef sf nf you only need 8 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Vickys Roasted Butternut Squash & Parsnip Soup GF DF EF SF NF:
- Use 1350 ml of good vegetable stock.
- Get 2 of butternut squash, cubed – bulbous parts reserved.
- Take 3 of parsnips, cubed.
- Use 2 clove of garlic, unpeeled.
- Take of olive oil.
- Provide of salt & pepper.
- Get 1 tsp of mixed herbs – thyme, oregano, basil.
- Take 1 of chopped onion.
Instructions to make Vickys Roasted Butternut Squash & Parsnip Soup GF DF EF SF NF:
- Place the squash, parsnip and garlic onto a baking tray, drizzle in olive oil, season with the salt and herbs and roast at gas 6 /180C/ 375°F for 20 minutes.
- Fry off the onion until translucent then when the veggies have finished roasting, place into the soup pan. Squeeze the garlic out of its skin and also add to the pan.
- Add the stock and season with pepper and simmer gently for 20 minutes to infuse the flavours.
- Liquidise in a blender and season again if needed.
- You can add some diced pear to the soup as it's simmering for more flavour, or some curry powder to spice it up.
- Serve with a warm roll or crusty bread. If you feel creative, hollow out the bulbous part of the squash and use it as the serving bowl! Don't waste the seeds – dry them off and roast them in the oven. They make a delicious snack.
- To do so, sprinkle inside the hollowed out squash bowls with a pinch of sugar and salt then roast on the tray you did the veggies on for 30 – 35 minutes.
- If you want to do the seeds too, add them to the tray after 15 minutes. Sprinkle them with salt and toss them in the oil and herb residue.
- Ladle the soup straight in and sprinkle some of the roasted seeds on top for garnish. The bowls are edible. Don't be afraid to eat the skin. It's so tender after roasting.
If you find this Vickys Roasted Butternut Squash & Parsnip Soup GF DF EF SF NF recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.