Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Quick Chicken Curry with Sumac & Turmeric Spiced Couscous recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Quick Chicken Curry with Sumac & Turmeric Spiced Couscous recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Option.
Healthy eating is today much more popular than it used to be and rightfully so. Poor diet is one factor in health conditions such as heart disease and hypertension which can put a drain on the economy. There are more and more efforts to try to get people to lead a healthier lifestyle and still it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is often bad for our health. It is likely that a lot of people assume it will take great effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to the way they live. In reality, though, just making a couple of modest changes can positively affect day-to-day eating habits.
These changes are possible with all kinds of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you put on bread. Olive oil, for instance, is loaded with monounsaturated fats which are known as the good fats that battle the effects of bad cholesterol. Olive oil also is a good source of vitamin E which is good for your skin, among other things. It could be that you already believe that you consume fruit and leafy greens but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you purchase these. If you decide to eat organic foods, you can avoid the problem of eating crops that may have been sprayed with deadly pesticides. If you can find a good local supplier of fresh fruit and veggies, you can also eat foods that have not lost their nutrients due to storage or not being picked at the right time.
To sum up, it is easy to begin to make healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to quick chicken curry with sumac & turmeric spiced couscous recipe. To cook quick chicken curry with sumac & turmeric spiced couscous you only need 19 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to cook Quick Chicken Curry with Sumac & Turmeric Spiced Couscous:
- Take 2 of chicken breasts.
- You need 2 of carrots.
- Use 4 cloves of garlic.
- Take a few of stems of purple sprouting broccoli.
- Get 1 tsp of cumin.
- Provide 1 tsp of ground coriander.
- Use 1 tsp of smoked paprika.
- You need 1/2 tsp of cinnamon.
- You need 1/2 tsp of fenugreek.
- You need 1 tsp of turmeric.
- Take 2 of onions, 1 brown 1 red.
- Use 1 can of plum tomatoes.
- Prepare of for the couscous.
- Prepare 1 cup of couscous.
- You need 1/2 cup of chicken stock.
- Get 1 tsp of turmeric.
- Use 1 tsp of sumac.
- Use of handfull desicated coconut.
- Get of salt and pepper.
Instructions to make Quick Chicken Curry with Sumac & Turmeric Spiced Couscous:
- In a pan add a good glug of oil and fry off onion, add all the spices and fry off for a few mins. Then add the garlic and the chicken until the chicken is seeled.
- Add the plum tomatoes to the chicken curry mix and mush up the toms, then refill the can with water and top up..
- Chop up the carrots and add to the bubbling curry for about 20mins.
- Add the broccoli to the pan and stir, then pop the couscous and spices and coconut in a bowl and cover with stock and a plate. leave for a few mins then fork up until fluffy..
- Once the couscous is ready pop into little ramikens and turn onto a plate, add a portion of curry. Ideally served with fresh coriander,.
If you find this Quick Chicken Curry with Sumac & Turmeric Spiced Couscous recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.