Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Quick veggie and barley soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Quick veggie and barley soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Quick veggie and barley soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Daily Life.
Healthy eating is today a good deal more popular than in the past and rightfully so. Poor diet is a leading factor in diseases such as heart disease and hypertension which can put a drain on the economy. Everywhere you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier lifestyle but then again, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a terrible way. It is likely that lots of people feel it will take lots of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to the way they live. Contrary to that information, individuals can modify their eating habits for the better by carrying out a few modest changes.
The first change to make is to pay more attention to what you buy when you go to the grocery because it is likely that you are inclined to pick up many of the things without thinking. For example, in all likelihood you have never checked the box of your favorite cereal to see its sugar content. One healthy substitute that can give you a healthy start to your day is oatmeal. You don’t like eating oatmeal on its own, try mixing in fresh fruits that can supply you with other healthy nutrients and as such, one simple change to your diet has been achieved.
Evidently, it’s not difficult to begin integrating healthy eating into your daily routine.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to quick veggie and barley soup recipe. To cook quick veggie and barley soup you need 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Quick veggie and barley soup:
- You need 1 cup of or so chopped celery.
- You need 1 cup of or so chopped onion.
- Provide 1 cup of or so chopped carrots.
- Get 1 cube of stock (I used Kallo garlic and herb).
- You need 1/2 liter of water.
- You need 1 tbs of tomato paste.
- Prepare 3 tbs of chopped fresh dill.
- Prepare 1 tsp of dried celery seeds.
- Prepare 1/4-1/3 cup of Job's tears or barley (I used Job's tears).
- Use 1 tbs of or so olive oil.
- Use of Corn starch slurry (1 tbs each corn starch and water).
- Take of To taste, salt and pepper.
Steps to make Quick veggie and barley soup:
- Rinse off barley or Job's tears, then put in a sauce pan and cover with water by a few inches. Bring to a boil and then let simmer for 45 minutes or so (I cook the grain separately so it doesn't absorb all the liquid in the soup)..
- In a bowl, dissolve the stock cube in the 1/2 liter of water and set aside..
- In large sauce pan, saute the celery, onion, and carrots in the olive oil over medium heat..
- When the veggie mix is softened, add in the stock, tomato paste, and celery seeds. Bring to a boil, and then let simmer..
- After ten minutes, add the dill and the corn starch slurry. Stir to make sure the slurry is thoroughly mixed..
- Let the soup simmer another ten minutes or so until it achieves desired consistency (mine was thickened just a bit – runny but not watery)..
- Remove from heat and season to taste..
- When barley/Job's tears are done (should be mostly soft, maybe a little al dente), strain to eliminate excess water and then add to the soup. Reheat if necessary and serve..
If you find this Quick veggie and barley soup recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.