Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Pearl Barley Veggie Soup (antioxidant boosting and no oil) recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Pearl Barley Veggie Soup (antioxidant boosting and no oil) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Pearl Barley Veggie Soup (antioxidant boosting and no oil) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Energy Raising Snacks.
We all know that eating healthy foods can help us truly feel better within our bodies. Increasing our intake of sensible foods while lowering the intake of unhealthy types plays a part in a more wholesome feeling. Eating more vegetables helps you feel a lot better than eating a portion of pizza. Deciding on healthier food choices can be difficult when it’s snack time. Shopping for goodies can be a difficult task because you have so many options. Here are a few healthy snacks that can be used when you need an instant pick me up.
For anybody who is not sensitive to nuts, try having some almonds! Almonds are often considered a super food because they’re packed full of things which help boost our vitality while keeping us healthy. Various nutritional vitamins are located in these wonderful nuts. They actually do, however, come with tryptophan-the same enzyme which makes you tired after eating turkey. Regarding almonds, however, they wont allow you to really miss a nap. These nuts relax the muscles and offer a general sense of peace. Sometimes eating almonds could even be a mood increaser!
A large assortment of easy health snacks is easily obtainable. When you make the determination to be healthy, it’s simple to find what you need to be successful at it.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to pearl barley veggie soup (antioxidant boosting and no oil) recipe. To cook pearl barley veggie soup (antioxidant boosting and no oil) you need 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to cook Pearl Barley Veggie Soup (antioxidant boosting and no oil):
- Get 1 of medium Onion (1cm cubes).
- Provide 1 of leek (4 cm thin strips).
- Provide 2 of medium carrots (4cm thin strips).
- Take 1 of tomato (2cm chunks).
- Use 1/2 of small cabbage (3cm chunks).
- Take 50 g of puy lentils (rinsed).
- Use 70 g of pearl barley (rinsed).
- Provide 1 clove of garlic.
- Take 1 tsp of herbs (thyme).
- You need 800-1000 ml of filtered water or vegetable stock.
- Provide 2 tsp of vegetable bouillon (if not using vegetable stock).
Instructions to make Pearl Barley Veggie Soup (antioxidant boosting and no oil):
- In a saucepan spread the chopped onions. Spread the garlic, leek and carrots on top, making layers of vegetables..
- Heat the vegetables gently at low heat for about 10 minutes until they are tender..
- Add the tomatoes, herbs, puy lentils and pearl barley. Add the stock or water and bouillon in the pan and bring to a boil (medium-low heat)..
- Lower the heat and simmer the soup for 25 to 30 minutes. Add the cabbage and simmer for further 10 minutes..
- Serve the soup with a sprinkle of parsley, cheese or a drizzle of chilli oil..
- *When using bouillon, I recommend using 1 tsp at a time, only adding the 2nd spoonful if needed. *Celery or green beans/French beans work well, too..
If you find this Pearl Barley Veggie Soup (antioxidant boosting and no oil) recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.