Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Lamb Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Lamb Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Option.
Making the decision to eat healthily offers great benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. The overall economy is affected by the number of individuals who suffer from health conditions such as hypertension, which is directly associated with poor eating habits. No matter where you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy lifestyle but but then, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a detrimental way. In all likelihood, a lot of people think that it takes too much work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically change their way of life. It is possible, though, to make some small changes that can start to make a positive impact to our daily eating habits.
One initial thing you can do is to pay close attention to the choices you make when you’re shopping for food because you most probably buy many items out of habit. As an example, if you have a bowl of cereal for breakfast, do you ever check to see what the sugar and salt content is before purchasing? Having a bowl of oatmeal will provide you with the energy to face the day while protecting your heart at the same time. You don’t like eating oatmeal on its own, try adding fresh fruits that can supply you with other healthy nutrients and as such, one modest change to your diet has been achieved.
All in all, it is easy to start making healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to lamb curry recipe. You can cook lamb curry using 17 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Lamb Curry:
- Provide 1 Kg of Lean Lamb Shoulder Diced (I deboned a shoulder joint myself as its much cheaper, but all supermarkets sell diced lamb).
- Prepare of Juice of 1 lemon.
- Prepare 1 of large heaped tbsp. of garam masala.
- Get 5 cloves of or garlic roughly chopped.
- Take 1 of large knob of ginger grated.
- Take 2 tbsp. of vegetable oil or fry light.
- Prepare 1 tin of tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 of large onion sliced.
- Prepare 1 tbsp. of cumin.
- Take 1 tbsp. of ground corriander.
- Use 1 tbsp. of turmeric.
- Use 1 tbsp. of smoked hot paprika.
- Provide 1 of whole chilli sliced in half (up to you which variety for your desired heat).
- Prepare 1 cup of water to add to make up the desired consistency sauce.
- Get 2-3 tbsp. of low fat yogurt (I used Skyr).
- Take of Salt and Pepper a good pinch.
- Get 2 tbsp. of fresh roughly chopped corriander.
Steps to make Lamb Curry:
- First of all put the diced lamb in a large bowl, pour over the lemon juice and mix in the salt, pepper and garam masala. Leave to marinate for as long as possible preferably over night (although I only had an hour and it was still delicious)..
- Whilst the lamb pieces are marinating prepare the spices and vegetables. Once ready, get a large frying pan and heat on a medium to high heat and add the spices to heat through, this only takes a minute or two. Its important to keep an eye on this part as you don’t want them to burn. Add the oil or low fat oil spray throw in the lamb and onions..
- Keep stirring well so they don’t burn, turn the heat down a little. Then add the ginger and garlic too. When it’s looking like the onion has softened and the lamb is browned on the outside.
- Throw in the tinned tomatoes, add the chilli, give it a good stir so it thickens through, then dash in the cup of water. Now be patient, let it simmer, it depends on how tender the shoulder is, mine did take an hour on the hob!, It can take less time it just depends. Keep checking every 10 minutes or so, add more water if it looks like it its too thick and sticking. I decided to let it cook through for another 30 minutes which gave it this deep brown colour. I know the pan is messy!.
- Enjoy serve with basmati rice, dips and naan bread!.
If you find this Lamb Curry recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.