Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Dried Baby Lima Bean Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Dried Baby Lima Bean Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Option.
Opting to eat healthily has marvelous benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. There are numerous health conditions associated with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from conditions such as heart disease and high blood pressure. Although we’re incessantly being counseled to follow healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not beneficial for us. It is likely that many people feel it will take great effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to the way they live. It is possible, though, to make some minor changes that can start to make a good impact on our day-to-day eating habits.
The first change you can make is to pay more attention to what you buy when you do your food shopping since it is likely that you have the tendency to pick up many of the things without thinking. For example, did you ever think to check how much sugar and salt are in your preferred cereal? One healthy option that can give you a good start to your day is oatmeal. If you’d rather not eat oatmeal on its own, you can easily mix in fresh fruits that can supply you with other healthy nutrients and as such, one small change to your diet has been achieved.
Hence, it should be somewhat obvious that it’s not difficult to add healthy eating to your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to dried baby lima bean soup recipe. You can have dried baby lima bean soup using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Dried Baby Lima Bean Soup:
- You need 1 cup of dried baby lima beans.
- Use 1 quart of + 1-1/2 cup chicken broth.
- Get 2 cups of water.
- You need 1/2 stick of butter.
- Get 1 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- Use 1/2 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- Use 1/3 cup of dehydrated onions.
Instructions to make Dried Baby Lima Bean Soup:
- Wash and look the beans over remove any foreign objects such as stones. Start out with a cup and a half of broth..
- Add the beans, water, butter, and onions to a pot cover and boil for 20 minutes. Turn down to simmer..
- As it cook the beans become more and more tender. This is a bit of a process. About 1-1/2 to 2 hours. You need to replenish the liquids as needed during the cooking process. Add the broth as needed just keep the beans under the liquids. Keep covered..
- When you see these little pieces that kinda reminds you of rice grains, or tiny claws, that means the beans are done or close to it. They are close to pink in color. It's like the beans release these when they are done..
- Serve I hope you enjoy!!.
If you find this Dried Baby Lima Bean Soup recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.