Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Ham and Bean Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Ham and Bean Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Snacks that give You Energy.
Healthy and balanced eating encourages a feeling of health and wellbeing. Whenever we eat more healthy meals and a lesser amount of of the unhealthy ones we usually feel much better. A piece of pizza does not cause you to feel as healthy as consuming a fresh green salad. Deciding on healthier food choices can be difficult if it is snack time. Shopping for goodies can be a struggle because you have a great number of options. Why not try one of many following healthy snacks the next time you need some extra energy?
Yogurt is often a snack a lot of people ignore. Sometimes people choose to eat yogurt over a nutritious lunch which is not the right idea. You can’t beat yogurt any time it comes to a nutritious snack though. It consists of a great deal of calcium, proteins, and B vitamins. Yogurt is easy for the body to digest and, dependent on the type of culture used to make the yogurt youre eating, can also help manage your digestive system. Fast hint: pick unsweetened yogurt and include walnuts or flaxseeds. It’s an excellent way to take pleasure in a flavorful snack without having too much sugar.
You don’t have to look far to locate a wide variety of healthy snacks that can be easily prepared. Being healthy doesnt have to be a battle-if you let it, it can be quite simple.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to ham and bean soup recipe. You can have ham and bean soup using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Ham and Bean Soup:
- Use 1 lb of ham rough chopped.
- Get 1 lb of dried great northern beans.
- Get 1 gallon of homemade ham stock.
- Use 1 cup of finely chopped carrots.
- You need 1 cup of finely chopped celery.
- Get 2 of bay leaves.
- You need 2 tbsp of dehydrated onion flakes.
- Use 1 tsp of granulated garlic.
- Provide 1/2 tsp of white pepper.
- Provide 1 tsp of dried thyme.
- Provide 1 tbsp of Organic No-Salt Seasoning (Costco brand).
Instructions to make Ham and Bean Soup:
- Soak the beans overnight in cold water..
- Finely chop the carrots and celery into pieces no larger than a 1/4 inch. They should be about the same size as the beans..
- Rough chop ham into about one inch chunks. Combine all ingredients and simmer for at least 4 hours until the beans are tender..
- Once the beans are tender and the broth has started to become a bit cloudy from the beans starting to breakdown use the back of a ladle and mash a few times. This will add a slightly thicker creamier texture, an immersion blender can be used too. Serve with biscuits or cornbread..
If you find this Ham and Bean Soup recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.