Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Eggplant Involtini recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Eggplant Involtini recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Eggplant Involtini recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Snacks that offer You Vitality.
Ingesting healthy foods can make all the difference in the way you feel. When we eat more healthy meals and a lesser amount of of the bad ones we typically feel much better. Eating fresh vegetables helps you feel better than eating a portion of pizza. Selecting healthier food choices can be challenging when it is snack time. Shopping for snacks can be a struggle because you have a great number of options. Why not try one of the following wholesome snacks the next time you need some extra energy?
Whole grain meals are an excellent choice for a fast wholesome snack. A bit of whole wheat toast, as an example is a great snack in the early morning. When you have to have a fast snack food on your way out the door, never forget to look for whole grain chips, pretzels, and crackers. Deciding on whole grain foods is always better than eating the refined grains we commonly find in our grocery stores.
A large selection of instant health snacks is easily obtainable. When you make the decision to be healthy, it’s easy to find just what you need to be successful at it.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to eggplant involtini recipe. You can cook eggplant involtini using 13 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to cook Eggplant Involtini:
- You need 2 of eggplants, peeled.
- Use of Pam cooking spray.
- You need 2 Tbsp of Olive oil.
- Take 2 cloves of garlic, roughly chopped.
- Use 1/2 tsp of dried oregano.
- Get 1/2 tsp of red pepper flakes.
- You need 1 can (28 oz.) of tomatoes (whole, peeled).
- Take 1/2 cup of basil (fresh), chopped and divided into 3 portions.
- Get 8 oz of ricotta.
- Get 1 slice of sandwich bread.
- Prepare 1 1/2 oz of shredded pecorino romano cheese.
- Get 1 of lemon, juiced.
- Use of salt and pepper.
Steps to make Eggplant Involtini:
- Preheat the oven to 375 F and place one rack on the lower position, and the other on the second to closest broiler level..
- Slice the peeled eggplants lengthwise, into the 1/2 inch planks. you should have 12 total slices..
- Line 2 sheet pans with parchment, and spray with cooking oil..
- Place the eggplant slices on the sheet pans and spray with more cooking oil. salt and pepper the slices..
- Bake 30-35 min until tender, and starting to brown. remove from oven and let rest 5 min, to cool. After removing the eggplant, pre-heat the broiler..
- While the eggplant is cooking, add olive oil, garlic, oregano, red pepper, and salt to a 12" broiler safe skillet. Place the skillet on medium heat and cook the garlic and spices ~1 min..
- Puree the can of whole tomatoes with an immersion blender (or finely chop the tomatoes by knife), and add them to the skillet, along with the one portion of the basil..
- Simmer the tomato sauce on low heat, stirring occasionally, while the eggplant bakes..
- Process the bread in a food processor until they resemble fine crumbs..
- In a small bowl, combine the bread crumbs, 1 oz of the romano cheese, ricotta, 1 portion of basil, 1/2 tsp of salt, and the lemon juice. fold the mixture until combined..
- Place the ricotta mixture onto the widest part of the eggplant slices..
- Roll up the slices and place seam-side down in the tomato sauce..
- Place under the broiler, and broil 5-10 min until browned..
- Sprinkle the remaining romano cheese, and the last portion of basil over the broiled eggplant and serve..
If you find this Eggplant Involtini recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.