Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Macrobiotic Kabocha Squash Vegetable Soup & Curry for Kids recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Macrobiotic Kabocha Squash Vegetable Soup & Curry for Kids recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Macrobiotic Kabocha Squash Vegetable Soup & Curry for Kids recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Wholesome Power Treats.
Ingesting healthy foods tends to make all the difference in the way we feel. Whenever we eat more healthy snacks and a smaller amount of the bad ones we typically feel much better. A little bit of pizza does not cause you to feel as healthy as ingesting a fresh green salad. This is usually a problem, nonetheless, with regards to eating between goodies. Finding goodies that really help us feel better and enhance our energy levels often involves lots of shopping and meticulous reading of labels. Here are a few healthy snacks that can be used when you need a quick pick me up.
Foods made from whole grains are excellent for a fast snack. A mid-morning snack of whole grain bread along with some protein will maintain you until it’s time for the afternoon meal. When you have to have a fast treat on your way out the door, never forget to look for whole grain chips, pretzels, and crackers. Make the shift from refined products just like white bread to the healthier whole grain alternatives.
You will not have to look far to discover a wide variety of healthy snacks that can be easily prepared. Deciding to live a healthy way of life can be as easy as you want it to be.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to macrobiotic kabocha squash vegetable soup & curry for kids recipe. You can cook macrobiotic kabocha squash vegetable soup & curry for kids using 19 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Macrobiotic Kabocha Squash Vegetable Soup & Curry for Kids:
- Prepare 1 of thumb's worth Ginger (finely chopped).
- Provide 1 piece of Garlic (grated or minced).
- You need 1 of Bay leaf.
- Take 1/2 of Onion (cut into wedges).
- Use 1 of sheet Kombu (5 x 5 cm square).
- Prepare 6 cm of Carrot (diced into 1 cm cubes).
- Prepare 5 cm of Daikon radish (diced into 1 cm cubes).
- Prepare 2 small of Potatoes (diced into 1 cm cubes).
- Get 3 tbsp of Japanese barnyard millet (rinsed through a tea strainer).
- You need 3 cm of to 4 cm Lotus root (diced into 1 cm cubes).
- Get 2 of leaves Cabbage.
- Provide 1/4 of Kabocha squash (cut as shown in the photo).
- Prepare 1 of enough to cover the vegetables Water.
- You need 100 ml of to 200 ml ○Soy milk (adjust to preference).
- Use 1 tsp of ○White miso.
- You need 1 tsp of ○Vegetable soup stock (optional).
- You need 1/2 tsp of ○Salt.
- Take 1 of ○White and black pepper, as needed.
- Take 1 of Curry powder (to make curry for kids), to taste.
Instructions to make Macrobiotic Kabocha Squash Vegetable Soup & Curry for Kids:
- Put all the vegetables in a pot in the order listed..
- Cut the kabocha squash into big pieces and layer them on top of the vegetables. (Since the kabocha squash can be used for other dishes, I steam more than necessary. With this size, I can adjust how the kabocha squash are cooked through.).
- After layering the ingredients in the pot in the order listed, then covering them with water, bring to a boil on medium heat. Reduce to low heat after it comes to a boil and let sit for 15-20 minutes..
- When the vegetables are cooked through and the Japanese barnyard millet becomes soft, add all ○ ingredients and warm it up. (Make sure not to bring it to a boil, since the soy milk will become clumpy!).
- Take out 4 pieces of kabocha squash and some of your favorite vegetables out of the pot and set aside..
- In a mixer, blend all the other ingredients left in the pot (the ones kids tend to dislike) to a potage. (I steamed the excess kabocha squash to use for a dessert dish.).
- Cut the vegetables your kids like to eat into bite-sized pieces and place them in the soup when serving. Then it is ready!.
- Use the reserved kabocha squash to make a kabocha squash salad or a Kabocha Pudding: https://cookpad.com/en/recipes/155170-easy-macrobiotic-kabocha-squash-pudding . You can use it for many other dishes!.
If you find this Macrobiotic Kabocha Squash Vegetable Soup & Curry for Kids recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.