Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Jamaican red peas soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Jamaican red peas soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Choice.
Healthy eating is today a great deal more popular than it used to be and rightfully so. Poor diet is one factor in illnesses such as heart disease and hypertension which can put a drain on the economy. While we’re incessantly being advised to follow healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not beneficial for us. Most people typically assume that healthy diets demand much work and will significantly alter the way they live and eat. Contrary to that information, individuals can change their eating habits for the better by implementing several simple changes.
These sorts of changes can be done with all sorts of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you put on bread. For example, monounsaturated fat such as olive oil can be helpful in offsetting the bad cholesterol in your diet. It also has vitamin E which is healthy for your skin, among other things. If you currently consume a lot of fresh fruits and veggies, you may want to think about where you’re buying them and if it’s the best source. If at all possible, try buying organic produce that has not been sprayed with poisonous pesticides. You can be certain that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can find a local supplier since you will be able to buy the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest.
Evidently, it’s easy to begin incorporating healthy eating into your daily routine.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to jamaican red peas soup recipe. To make jamaican red peas soup you only need 17 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Jamaican red peas soup:
- Provide 3/4 lb of pig tail (cut in pieces).
- Get 1/2 lb of stew beef (cut in pieces).
- Take 3/4 lb of Red peas.
- Get 1 1/2 pack of grace cock soup.
- You need 1/2 lb of flour.
- Take 4 tbs of cornmeal.
- Prepare 1/2 lb of yam.
- Provide 1/2 lb of sweet potato.
- Provide of pimento seeds.
- You need 2 stalks of escallion.
- Get 1 sprig of thyme.
- Prepare 1 of green scotch bonnet pepper.
- Use 1/2 lb of pumpkin.
- Take 1 of small dasheen (to thicken soup).
- Prepare 1 pk of Kendel coconut powder.
- Provide 2 of pegs garlic.
- You need 10 of pimento seeds.
Instructions to make Jamaican red peas soup:
- Rinse pig's tail and beef with vinegar and water..
- Boil pig tail for about 5 mins., to get rid of excess salt..
- Rinse peas and place in pressure cooker, dice pumpkin and dasheen and add to peas along with garlic and pimento seeds. Add enough water to cover the peas. Then bring to a boil..
- Pour about 6 cups tap water in the pressure cooker, then add meat. cover and pressure for 30 minutes. (start counting after the pressure cooker starts making that sound :)).
- Remove from heat and allow the cooker to cool, then open. remove meat if they are already tender..
- Pour out the contents of the pressure cooker in another pot, or use an ordinary cover on the pressure cooker. Use the flour and cornmeal to make dumplings, peel and slice yam and sweet potato or any other ground provision you like, add to the pot..
- Mix the coconut cream in 1 cup warm water and add to pot.
- Add, cock soup, escallion, thyme and scotch bonnet pepper. Cover and allow food to cook. This will take about 15 minutes. Add cooked meat when about 5 mins remain..
- Stir regularly to prevent sticking..
- Remove from heat, and enjoy!.
If you find this Jamaican red peas soup recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.