Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Mike's EZ Chicken & Dumplings recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Mike's EZ Chicken & Dumplings recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Mike's EZ Chicken & Dumplings recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Thing To Follow.
Healthy eating is today much more popular than it used to be and rightfully so. The overall economy is impacted by the number of men and women who suffer from conditions such as high blood pressure, which is directly related to poor eating habits. Wherever you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy lifestyle but on the other hand, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a damaging way. In all likelihood, a lot of people think that it takes a great deal of work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically change their lifestyle. Contrary to that information, individuals can alter their eating habits for the better by implementing a couple of simple changes.
One initial thing you can do is to pay close attention to the choices you make when you’re at the grocery because you most likely purchase a lot of items out of habit. For example, if you have cereal for breakfast, do you ever check to see what the sugar and salt content is before getting it? A great healthy alternative can be porridge oats which have been found to be great for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy every day. Mix in fruits or spices to enhance the flavor and now you have a breakfast that can become a normal part of your new healthy eating regimen.
Hence, it should be quite obvious that it’s not at all difficult to add healthy eating to your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to mike's ez chicken & dumplings recipe. To make mike's ez chicken & dumplings you need 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Mike's EZ Chicken & Dumplings:
- Use of Chicken Soup.
- Provide 2 large of Boneless Chicken Breasts [or, 2 lbs pre-shreadded – pre-cooked chicken from your deli].
- Get 2 box of 32 oz Chicken Broth [with sodium].
- Prepare 2 can of Campbells Condensed Cream Of Chicken Soup.
- Get 1 can of Campbells Condensed Cream Of Mushroom Soup [or, a can of cream of celery if unavailable].
- You need 1 can of 28 oz Carrots, Onions & Celery In Water [drained – or, you can chop fresh vegetables – 1/2 cup each].
- Take 1 can of Large Pillsbury Biscuits [or more if you'd like a thicker soup].
- Prepare of Optional Items – Fresh Vegetables, Herbs & Spices.
- Take 1/2 tsp of Each: Thyme – White Pepper – Garlic Powder – Chicken Bullion – Onion Powder.
- Provide 2 tbsp of Dried Minced Onions [if you don't use fresh or canned onions].
- Use 1/2 cup of Each: Fresh Onions – Peas – Sweet Corn – Fresh Celery [with leaves].
- Prepare of Fresh Parsley.
- You need 2 small of Bay Leaves.
- Provide 4 medium of Sourdough Loaves.
Instructions to make Mike's EZ Chicken & Dumplings:
- ● Boil dethawed chicken breasts and both boxes of chicken broth for 25 minutes uncovered. Once fully cooked – remove and cool slightly. ● Drain your broth through a strainer over another pot. Pour strained, cleaned broth back into pot. Place bay leaves back in broth. Whisk all cans of soup into broth. Shred chicken and place back into broth. ● You can also purchase 2 pounds of precooked, pre-shreadded chicken from your local deli..
- ● Add one drained can of carrots, onions and celery and add any additional ingredients you desire to your pot. Be careful in adding any additional salt if you're using broth with sodium. ● Know that you can add fresh carrots, celery and onions. Just make certain they are all small chopped. You'll have to increase boil time as well until softened..
- ● Simmer on high for 10 minutes or, 15 to 20 minutes if using fresh vegetables. Stir occasionally. Otherwise, you'll develop a sturdy skin on the top of your soup. ● Remove bay leaves at this point if opting to employ them..
- ● Fifteen minutes prior to serving – turn up soup to a heavy boil. ● Tear raw biscuits into 4's or even smaller, if you'd like. ● One by one – leaving space between each dumpling or they'll sick together – add dumplings to your boiling pot and boil for about 8 to 10 minutes. ● With a spoon, stir from the bottom/base [not the top] of the pot as to not break up your dumplings. Stir regularly as the chicken WILL stick and burn at the base of your pot at such a high boil. ● Test one dumpling at 8 minutes to check for raw dough in the center. It'll look darker than the outside if still raw. If so, b.
- ● If serving in bread bowls, gently hollow out the insides – leaving a sturdy outer shell. Ladle soup into the bread cavern you've created. Garnish bread rim with fresh parsley and serve immediately. ● Or, just serve in a traditional soup bowl. Enjoy!.
- ● Authors Notes: If serving in bread bowls you'll want your soup to be a bit thicker as to not seep out of the bowls. ● To thicken your soup, you can mix 2 tablespoons Corn Starch and one tablespoon water. Mix well and slowly add to your hard simmering soup. Mix well in soup. It'll thicken up as it simmers so add starch slowly. ● But don't thicken with corn starch until you see how much your soup tightens up with the addition of your dumplings. They will firm your soup up quite a bit. ● Conversely, if you find your Chicken & Dumplings are too thick for your liking – jus.
If you find this Mike's EZ Chicken & Dumplings recipe useful please share it
to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.