Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Misal Pav recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Misal Pav recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Choice.
Healthy eating is today a great deal more popular than before and rightfully so. The overall economy is affected by the number of individuals who suffer from conditions such as hypertension, which is directly related to poor eating habits. Although we’re constantly being encouraged to follow healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not healthy for us. In all likelihood, most people believe that it takes too much work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically alter their way of life. Contrary to that information, individuals can change their eating habits for the better by implementing several simple changes.
One initial thing you can do is to pay close attention to the choices you make when you’re at the grocery because you most probably buy a lot of food items out of habit. For example, did you ever think to check how much sugar and salt are in your preferred cereal? A superb healthy option can be porridge oats which have been found to be beneficial for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy every day. If you’d rather not eat oatmeal on its own, you can easily mix in fresh fruits that can provide other healthy nutrients and as such, one simple change to your diet has been achieved.
As you can see, it’s not hard to start integrating healthy eating into your life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to misal pav recipe. To cook misal pav you only need 25 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make Misal Pav:
- Take 2 cups of moth bean sprouts.
- Prepare 2 small to medium of Potatoes, cubed.
- Provide 1 of large or medium onion, finely chopped.
- Prepare 1-2 of green chilies, chopped.
- Provide 3-4 of garlic.
- Take 1 inch of ginger.
- Provide 1 teaspoon of mustard seeds.
- You need 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds.
- Provide 10-12 of curry leaves.
- Provide 1-1.5 tablespoon of Goda masala or kala masala.
- Provide 1/2 teaspoon of Turmeric powder.
- Take ½ teaspoon of Red chilli powder.
- Get 1 teaspoon of coriander powder 1 teaspoon cumin powder.
- Get 1.5 teaspoons or⅓ or ½ cup of tamarind, soaked in water.
- Use 2 to 3 of kokums.
- Provide 3/4 cup of water or add as required.
- You need 3 tablespoons of oil.
- You need As per taste of Salt.
- Provide 8 to 10 of Misal pav (bread rolls) or bread slices as required.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of finely chopped onions.
- Use 1/2 cup of finely chopped tomatoes (optional).
- Take 1/2-1 cup of thick sev or farsan (chiwda), fried savory snack mixture.
- Provide 1 of lemon or lime quartered or diced.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of chopped coriander leaves.
- Provide 1/2 cup of fresh curd or yogurt, beaten, optional.
Steps to make Misal Pav:
- Preparation for misal pav- Rinse the moth bean sprouts first in running water. The drain and then add the sprouts, cubed potatoes, ¼ tsp turmeric powder, salt in a pressure cooker. Then the water should be covering the matki sprouts about ½ inch above. If using mixed bean sprouts, you will have to add more water. Pressure cook for 2 to 3 whistles..
- In a small bowl soak the tamarind in ⅓ or ½ cup warm water for 25 to 30 mins. Squeeze the tamarind and extract the pulp. Keep the tamarind pulp aside and making usal for misal pav. Heat oil in another pan and crackle the mustard seeds first. Then add the cumin and saute for some seconds till the cumin gets golden..
- Add the chopped onions and saute till translucent. Then add the curry leaves, ginger-garlic paste and green chilies, stir and saute till the raw aroma of ginger-garlic goes away. Add the remaining ¼ tsp turmeric powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, red chilli powder and goda masala..
- Stir and then add the tamarind pulp. Saute till the raw aroma of the tamarind goes away. drain the pressure cooked matki sprouts and potatoes and add them to the tamarind pulp. Stir and add ¾ to 1 cup of water or more water if required. Season it with salt and simmer it as usual for 8 to 10 mins on a low flame with occasional stirrings..
- Lastly, garnish with coriander leaves. If you want you can also add sugar or jaggery. Assemble the misal pav while the usal is simmering, you can prep the toppings for the misal pav. Finely chop the onions and tomatoes and it keep aside. Take the steaming for 3 to 4 individuals..
- In each bowl of usal, first, add the chopped onions and tomatoes. Then top usal with chopped coriander leaves, squeeze a few drops of lemon juice and then top it with farsan or chiwda. serve the misal bowl in a plate with pav buns and slices of lemon, chopped onion and mix farsan/sev/chiwda. Enjoy the misal pav..
If you find this Misal Pav recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.