Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Southwest beef 'n' bean soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Southwest beef 'n' bean soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Wholesome Energy Treats.
Healthy and balanced eating promotes a feeling of health and wellbeing. Increasing our consumption of sensible foods while lowering the intake of unhealthy ones plays a part in a more wholesome feeling. A salad allows us to feel better than a piece of pizza (physically at any rate). Sometimes it’s hard to find healthy foods for snacks between meals. Finding snack foods that really help us feel better and increase our stamina often involves lots of shopping and meticulous reading of labels. Why not try some of the following nutritious snacks the next time you need some extra energy?
Have a shot at eating almonds unless you are afflicted by nut allergies. Almonds are often considered a super food because they’re packed full of ingredients that help boost our vitality while keeping us healthy. These types of nuts contain plenty of vitamins E, B2, and manganese. Almonds, like turkey, come with the enzyme tryptophan which may often allow you to be sleepy. Having said that, you may not need a nap after eating and enjoying almonds. These nuts unwind the muscles and supply a general sense of comfort. Occasionally eating almonds can also be a mood increaser!
You can find lots of healthy treats you can choose that don’t involve a lot of preparation or searching. When you make the determination to be healthy, it’s easy to find what you need to be successful at it.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to southwest beef 'n' bean soup recipe. You can cook southwest beef 'n' bean soup using 20 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to cook Southwest beef 'n' bean soup:
- Provide 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Get 1 of medium yellow onion, chopped.
- You need 6 clove of garlic, minced.
- Provide 1 cup of celery, diced.
- You need 1/2 cup of carrots, shredded or diced.
- Use 2 lb of ground beef.
- Provide 1 tsp of Worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 1 can of dark red kidney beans, drained (15 oz can).
- Prepare 1 can of pinto beans, drained (29 oz can).
- Provide 1 can of diced tomatoes, undrained (15 oz can).
- Prepare 5 of small potatoes, peeled and diced.
- You need 1 packages of frozen vegetables – country trio – carrots, green beans, and corn.
- Use 3 quart of beef stock.
- Prepare of salt.
- Use of ground black pepper.
- Provide 2 of bay leaf.
- Take 3 tbsp of chili powder – use more for spicier soup.
- Take 1/4 tsp of ground cumin – adjust to taste.
- You need of tortilla chips (optional).
- Get of shredded cheddar jack cheese (optional).
Instructions to make Southwest beef 'n' bean soup:
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat..
- When oil is hot (surface looks shimmery), add onion, celery, and carrots. Season with salt. Some liquid will cook out of the celery; this is normal. Cook vegetables, stirring occasionally with a spatula, until the onion begins to turn translucent and the liquid has cooked off..
- Add the garlic and continue cooking until the garlic begins to brown. Remove skillet from heat. Transfer vegetables to a large soup pot..
- Break up ground beef into skillet. Season with salt, black pepper, and Worcestershire sauce. Return to heat..
- Scramble ground beef over medium high heat until browned..
- Transfer ground beef to a large plate or bowl lined with paper towels to remove excess grease. Pat top with a paper towel. Then transfer ground beef to soup pot with onion mixture..
- Add both cans of beans (drained), tomatoes (undrained), potatoes, and frozen vegetables to soup pot..
- Add beef stock to soup pot. (You can also substitute water and beef bullion for stock. Use 1 cube bullion per quart of water.) Add bay leaves and Worcestershire sauce..
- Bring soup to a boil over high heat, then turn heat down so that soup simmers but doesn't boil..
- While soup is simmering, add chili powder and cumin. Adjust seasoning (salt, chili powder, cumin, etc.) to taste. You might need more salt than you think because the potatoes absorb quite a bit while they cook..
- Let the soup simmer until the potatoes are tender and just starting to break down. (You can tell they are breaking down when the edges start to look rounded-off instead of sharp.) If you need to add water while the soup cooks, heat water to boiling in the microwave first and *carefully* add to the soup pot..
- Remove bay leaves before serving..
- If desired, crumble a handful of tortilla chips in the bottom of a soup bowl and ladel soup over them. Top with shredded cheese. Enjoy!.
If you find this Southwest beef 'n' bean soup recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.