Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Crock pot ham and bean soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Crock pot ham and bean soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be Difficult.
The benefits of healthy eating are today being given more attention than ever before and there are a number of reasons why this is so. The overall economy is affected by the number of people who are dealing with health problems such as high blood pressure, which is directly linked to poor eating habits. Even though we’re incessantly being advised to stick with healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not healthy for us. In all probability, a lot of people think that it takes a lot of work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically change their way of life. Contrary to that information, individuals can change their eating habits for the better by carrying out a couple of simple changes.
One initial thing you can do is to pay close attention to the choices you make when you’re at the grocery as you most likely pick out lots of food items out of habit. For instance, if you eat cereal for your breakfast, do you ever check to see what the sugar and salt content is before buying? One nutritious alternative that can give you a positive start to your day is oatmeal. Add fruits or spices to improve the flavor and now you have a breakfast that can be a normal part of your new healthy eating regimen.
All in all, it is not hard to start making healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to crock pot ham and bean soup recipe. You can cook crock pot ham and bean soup using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Crock pot ham and bean soup:
- Take 1 lb of white beans.
- Take 1 of ham bone.
- Get 2 cup of diced ham.
- Use 36 oz of chicken broth.
- Take 1/2 stick of butter.
- Use 2 of carrots- chopped.
- You need 2 of celery stalks- chopped.
- Take 1/2 of onion, chopped.
- Take 2 clove of garlic.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of all-purpose flour.
- Take 3 tbsp of dry mustard.
- Prepare 2 of bay leaves.
- Take 1 of salt and pepper.
Steps to make Crock pot ham and bean soup:
- Soak dry beans for 8 hours. I add baking soda to reduce side effects of beans. Rinse very well..
- Melt butter, add onion, carrots, celery and garlic. Cook until tender. Add flour 1 Tbsp at a time until a paste is made and everything is mixed together..
- Dice ham and add to crock pot with bone and beans..
- Add chicken broth to carrot mixture. Pour into crock pot with other ingredients..
- Add spices and seasoning to soup. Cook on low for 6-8 hours..
If you find this Crock pot ham and bean soup recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.