Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Country Style Bean Soup with Ribbles recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Country Style Bean Soup with Ribbles recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Treats that offer You Vitality.
Eating healthy foods tends to make all the difference in the way we feel. We tend to feel way less gross when we increase our consumption of healthy foods and decrease our consumption of unhealthy foods. Eating more fresh vegetables helps you feel much better than eating a slice of pizza. Deciding on healthier food choices can be challenging if it is snack time. Shopping for snacks can be a challenge because you have countless options. Why not try some of the following healthy snacks the next time you need some extra energy?
Foods made from whole grains are fantastic for a easy snack. A piece of whole wheat toast, for instance is a great snack in the morning hours. Eating on the run may be healthier with wholesome chips and crackers. Whole grains are always better than processed grains found in white bread.
A large selection of instant health snacks is easily obtainable. When you make the decision to be healthy, it’s uncomplicated to find exactly what you need to be successful at it.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to country style bean soup with ribbles recipe. To cook country style bean soup with ribbles you need 15 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook Country Style Bean Soup with Ribbles:
- You need of Soup.
- Use 16 oz of Dry Great Northern Beans.
- Prepare 32 oz of Chicken Broth.
- Provide 64 oz of Water.
- Use 1 lb of Pre Cooked Ham.
- Get 1 medium of Bay Leaf.
- Provide 1 medium of Onion.
- Provide 3 medium of Potatoes.
- You need 1 tbsp of Salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Pepper.
- Take of Ribbles.
- Provide 1 cup of Flour.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Butter or Shortening.
- Use 1/4 tsp of Salt.
- Get 3 tbsp of Water.
Instructions to make Country Style Bean Soup with Ribbles:
- Prepare beans according to package..
- In a 5 quart or more soup pot, add beans, chicken broth, water and heat on med high..
- Chop ham and onions to desired size and had to beans and broth..
- Add salt and pepper and reduce heat to low med and let cook for approximately 1 hour. Until beans are tender but not mushy..
- For the ribbles, combine the flour and salt. Cut in butter until a sand consistency has occured. Add water a tablespoon at a time and stir until the dough pulls from the bowl..
- Peel and cube potatoes..
- Pinch off pea sized pieces of dough and roll to smooth. Drop pieces of dough into soup. Add as much or has little as you like. I usually use about 3/4ths of the dough..
- Add cubed potatoes to the soup and cook on med high until tender. Approximately 8 to 10 minutes..
- Makes about 5 quarts..
If you find this Country Style Bean Soup with Ribbles recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.