Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best JON’S GREEN SPLIT PEAS SOUP WITH FETA CHEESE AND BACON BRUSCHETA recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to JON’S GREEN SPLIT PEAS SOUP WITH FETA CHEESE AND BACON BRUSCHETA recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Thing To Follow.
Healthy eating is now a great deal more popular than it used to be and rightfully so. Poor diet is a contributing factor in diseases such as heart disease and hypertension which can place a drain on the economy. There are more and more campaigns to try to get us to follow a healthier way of living and still it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is not good for our health. People typically believe that healthy diets demand a lot of work and will significantly change how they live and eat. In reality, though, simply making some minor changes can positively impact daily eating habits.
One way to approach this to start seeing some results is to realize that you do not need to change everything right away or that you have to entirely get rid of certain foods from your diet. Even more important than totally modifying your diet is just simply substituting healthy eating choices whenever possible. Eventually, you will see that you actually prefer to ingest healthy foods after you have eaten that way for some time. Over time, your eating habits will change and your new eating habits will totally replace the way you ate in the past.
Therefore, it should be fairly obvious that it’s not at all hard to add healthy eating to your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to jon’s green split peas soup with feta cheese and bacon bruscheta recipe. You can cook jon’s green split peas soup with feta cheese and bacon bruscheta using 23 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make JON’S GREEN SPLIT PEAS SOUP WITH FETA CHEESE AND BACON BRUSCHETA:
- You need 1 lb. of dry split green peas.
- Use 4 of smoked bacon slices.
- Provide 2 tbsp. of bacon fat.
- Get 2 of garlic cloves, minced.
- Get 1 cup of onions, small diced.
- Provide 2/3 cup of carrot, small diced.
- Provide 2/3 cup of celery, small diced.
- Take 1 tsp. of fresh thyme leaves.
- Take 1 tsp. of fresh oregano, chopped.
- Prepare 1 tbsp. of basil leaves cut in strips.
- Use 1 of chicken cube chicken bouillon.
- You need 1 tsp. of salt.
- Use 1/4 tsp. of ground black pepper.
- Get 8 cups of pork stock, chicken stock or water.
- Get of feta cheese bruscheta.
- You need 12 of baguette bread slices.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of olive oil.
- Use 2 of garlic cloves, minced.
- Provide 2 of smoked bacon slices cooked and diced.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of feta cheese, small diced.
- Prepare 2 tsp. of chopped oregano.
- You need 1/4 cup of grated parmesan cheese.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of paprika powder.
Instructions to make JON’S GREEN SPLIT PEAS SOUP WITH FETA CHEESE AND BACON BRUSCHETA:
- The green split peas, I like to leave them soaking in cold water the night before. Next day drain the water. Place the bacon in a cooking sheet pan and cook in the oven until crispy. Remove the bacon, make bacon chips and set aside. Pour the bacon fat in large pot. Add and sauté onion and garlic together..
- Add celery and carrot, cover and let it sweat for a few minutes. Incorporate the water or stock, bring it to a boil, lower the flame and slowly cook for about 45 minutes until peas are soft. Once the peas are soft purée them using an immersion blender..
- Add fresh herbs and cook for 5 minutes more..
- FETA CHEESE BRUSCHETA Place the bread slices in a baking sheet pan and brush them with the olive oil. Place the sheet pan in the oven and lightly brown the top. In a bowl mix the garlic, bacon, feta cheese and oregano..
- Cover bread slices with the feta cheese mix. Mix parmesan cheese with paprika and sprinkle on top. Put the baking pan back in the oven and toast the top until golden brown..
- Serve the soup with the bruschetta and bacon chips..
If you find this JON’S GREEN SPLIT PEAS SOUP WITH FETA CHEESE AND BACON BRUSCHETA recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.