Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Golden Split Pea Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Golden Split Pea Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Life.
Deciding to eat healthily offers marvelous benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. There are a lot of diseases associated with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from health problems such as heart disease and hypertension. Everywhere you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy lifestyle but but then, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a damaging way. In all probability, most people assume that it takes a lot of work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically alter their lifestyle. Contrary to that information, individuals can change their eating habits for the better by implementing a couple of simple changes.
Initially, you should be extremely careful when food shopping that you don’t automatically put things in your basket that you don’t want to eat. For instance, most probably you have never checked the box of your favorite cereal to find out how much sugar it has. Having a bowl of oatmeal will provide you with the energy to face the day while protecting your heart at the same time. Mix in fruits or spices to enhance the flavor and now you have a breakfast that can be a regular part of your new healthy diet.
As you can see, it is not difficult to start to make healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to golden split pea soup recipe. To cook golden split pea soup you need 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook Golden Split Pea Soup:
- Prepare 2 1/2 cups of split peas.
- Prepare of Water to cover peas after rinsing.
- You need 1/2 lb of Bacon (about 6 slices).
- You need 4 of carrots sliced.
- Take 1/2 of white onion diced.
- Get 3 of large ribs celery sliced.
- Provide 1 of large ham shank or multiple smaller ones which I used here.
- Prepare of Fresh ground black pepper.
- Use 1 tsp of dried thyme.
- Take 3 of garlic cloves sliced.
- Prepare 2 cups of chicken broth.
Steps to make Golden Split Pea Soup:
- Chop and fry bacon until crispy, pour off most bacon fat.
- Deglaze pan using chicken stock.
- Add all chopped veggies herbs and pepper, cook until aromatic.
- Add peas, water and chicken broth, stir..
- Add ham shank and bring everything to a boil and skim off the foam.
- Cover and cook on low at least 3-4 hours until meat falls off the bone removing bones and skin from shank out of soup and the peas are tender. Do not add additional salt during cooking, the bacon and ham shanks with the broth have plenty, just season with black pepper to taste..
- You can adjust thickness of soup by adding water during the cooking process and adjust seasonings to taste, if you want to add more salt I would add it to your bowl instead of the pot, so it's not too salty..
If you find this Golden Split Pea Soup recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.