Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Eggplant casserole recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Eggplant casserole recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Life.
Choosing to eat healthily provides incredible benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. There are a number of illnesses associated with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from conditions such as heart disease and hypertension. Although we’re always being encouraged to follow healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not healthy for us. It is likely that many people assume it will take so much effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to the way they live. Contrary to that information, people can modify their eating habits for the better by making several simple changes.
In order to see results, it is definitely not a necessity to drastically modify your eating habits. It’s not a bad idea if you desire to make considerable changes, but the most vital thing is to bit by bit switch to making healthier eating choices. In time, you will likely find that you will eat more and more healthy food as your taste buds get accustomed to the change. As you continue your habit of eating healthier foods, you will see that you no longer want to eat the old diet.
Evidently, it’s easy to begin integrating healthy eating into your life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to eggplant casserole recipe. You can have eggplant casserole using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook Eggplant casserole:
- Get 2 of large eggplants, sliced into 1/2 inch slices.
- Use 2 cups of tomato sauce.
- Use 2 Tbsp of olive oil.
- Take 12 oz of heavy cream or cream frachie.
- Get 3 Tbsp of chives.
- Use 3 Tbsp of parsley.
- Prepare 3 Tbsp of thyme leaves.
- Provide to taste of Black pepper and salt.
- You need 1 cup of Parmesan cheese shredded.
Steps to make Eggplant casserole:
- Turn the broiler on. Slice eggplant , soak in the salty water for a 1/2 hour. Season eggplant slices with salt and pepper and lightly brush with olive oil, then put into oven. Pay attention, you will turn them over cook until golden on both sides. Set aside..
- Set the oven to 375F/190C. Place creme fraiche (or heavy cream) in a small saucepan over low heat, bring to a simmer and let reduce to half. Stir in half of the grated parmesan and all of the chopped herbs. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper and set aside..
- Lightly grease a 9-inch casserole dish or gratin pan. Cover the bottom of the baking dish with some tomato sauce and arrange eggplant slices on top to form a uniform layer. Cover the eggplant with some tomato sauce and some Parmesan cheese. Repeat to make 3 layers, making sure to end with a layer of tomato sauce.
- Ladle over the reduced creme fraiche and sprinkle on a final layer of Parmesan cheese. Bake uncovered in the oven for about 30 minutes, until browned and bubblin.
- Cook about 25 minutes. Then set the broiler again , to give the finish color about 5 minutes.
If you find this Eggplant casserole recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.