Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, if you’re looking for Pinto Bean And Bacon Soup recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Pinto Bean And Bacon Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Pinto Bean And Bacon Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Thing To Follow.
The benefits of healthy eating are these days being given more attention than ever before and there are good reasons for doing this. Poor diet is a leading factor in health conditions such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can put a drain on the economy. There are more and more campaigns to try to get people to adopt a healthier way of living and nonetheless it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is not good for our health. It is likely that lots of people believe it will take great effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to how they live. It is possible, though, to make a few small changes that can start to make a difference to our day-to-day eating habits.
One way to deal with this to start seeing some results is to understand that you do not have to alter everything right away or that you should completely do away with certain foods from your diet. It’s not a bad idea if you wish to make major changes, but the most important thing is to step by step switch to making healthier eating choices. Eventually, you will see that you actually prefer to eat healthy foods after you have eaten that way for some time. Like many other habits, change takes place over a period of time and as soon as a new way of eating becomes part of who you are, you are not going to feel the need to return to your old diet.
As you can see, it is not difficult to start making healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to pinto bean and bacon soup recipe. To make pinto bean and bacon soup you need 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Pinto Bean And Bacon Soup:
- Get of (3) Cups Pinto Beans.
- Get of (8) Cups Water.
- Provide of (6) Strips Bacon (Fried, chopped and grease reserved for soup).
- Take of (2) Cups Beef Broth.
- Use of (1/2) Onion Chopped.
- Get of (1) Jalapeno deseeded and diced.
- Get of (2) Cloves Garlic Minced.
- Use of (3) Tbsp Chopped Green Chili's.
- Prepare of (1) Tsp Salt.
- Prepare of (1/2) Tsp Ground Cumin.
- Use of (1/2) Tsp Pepper.
- Provide of (1/2) Tsp Chili Powder.
- Prepare of (1/4) Tsp Cayenne Pepper.
Instructions to make Pinto Bean And Bacon Soup:
- Soak Beans overnight in a large pot no heat..
- The next day, bring beans to boil on low, covered. Cook how ever long it takes to soften them. Usually 2 to 3 hours. Checking water every so often to make sure it has enough to cover beans by about 2 inches..
- When beans are tender, I pour the beans and liquid into a bowl,set aside and clean the pot. (I just dont like the goopy residue on pot).
- Pour beans and liquid back into pot, turn heat to low..
- Add ALL remaining ingredients to pot. Including bacon and reserved bacon grease. Liquid should be 2 or so inches above beans..
- Cover, simmer on low for 1 hour. Stiring every 15 minutes..
- When done top with whatever you wish and Enjoy!.
If you find this Pinto Bean And Bacon Soup recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.