Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for Minestrone Soup recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Minestrone Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Minestrone Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Energy Enhancing Snacks.
Eating healthy foods makes all the difference in the way we feel. When we eat more healthy meals and a smaller amount of the bad ones we typically feel much better. A salad tends to make us feel much better than a piece of pizza (physically anyway). This is often a problem, however, when it comes to eating between goodies. You can spend several hours at the food market searching for the right snack foods to allow you to feel healthy. Why not try one of many following healthy snacks the next time you need some extra energy?
Have a shot at eating almonds if you don’t are afflicted by nut allergies. Almonds are often considered a super food because they are packed full of ingredients that help boost our energy while keeping us healthy. Almonds really are a natural way to obtain B vitamins along with other vitamins and minerals. They generally do, however, contain tryptophan-the same enzyme which makes you tired after eating turkey. In the case of almonds, however, they wont cause you to yearn for a nap. Alternatively, these nuts help to reduce stress and provide a relaxing feeling throughout your body. Occasionally eating almonds can even be a mood booster!
There are lots of healthy snack foods you can choose that do not involve a lot of preparation or searching. Being healthier doesnt have to be a battle-if you let it, it can be quite easy.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to minestrone soup recipe. To cook minestrone soup you only need 20 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Minestrone Soup:
- Provide 2 tbsp. of olive oil.
- Provide 1 tbsp. of unsalted butter.
- You need 2 of large carrots, peeled and diced.
- Prepare 2 stalks of celery, diced.
- You need 1/2 of yellow onion, diced.
- Prepare 4 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Provide 1/4 cup (2 oz.) of tomato paste.
- Use 1/2 tsp. of each oregano, dried basil.
- Take 1/4 tsp. of ground thyme.
- You need 1 can (28 oz.) of fire roasted crushed tomatoes.
- Take 4 cups of unsalted vegetable broth.
- Take 2 of bay leaves.
- Get 3/4 tsp. of salt.
- Get 1/4 tsp. of pepper.
- Get 2 of small potatoes, scrubbed and diced.
- You need 1 of zucchini, diced.
- Prepare 1 of yellow squash, diced.
- You need 1 can (15 oz.) of unsalted cannellini beans, drained and rinsed.
- Use 1 cup of ditalini pasta (or other small shape).
- Use 2 of heaping cups spinach, roughly chopped.
Steps to make Minestrone Soup:
- In a large pot over medium heat, add the olive oil and the butter. Once it's hot and the butter has melted, stir in the onions, celery and carrot with a big pinch of salt. Cook, stirring occasionally until they have begun to soften up, about 3-5 minutes. Then stir in the tomato paste, garlic, oregano, thyme and basil. Cook about 2-3 minutes more, stirring pretty often..
- Pour a bit of the broth in and deglaze the pan. Then the rest with the crushed tomatoes and bay leaves. Increase the heat to med-high and let this come up to a simmer. Once its simmering, stir in the beans, potatoes, zucchini and yellow squash along with the salt and pepper. Let this all simmer together until the veggies are all tender. Last, take out the bay leaves and stir in the chopped spinach and let it wilt down. Taste and add more salt, pepper, etc until you're happy with the flavor..
- While the soup is coming to a simmer, heat a separate pot of salted water over high heat. Once its boiling, cook the ditalini pasta according to package directions, then drain and set it aside until the soup is done..
- To serve, you can stir the cooked pasta into the soup, or if you're going to have a lot of leftovers, you can just keep them separate and add the pasta to individual bowls and pour the soup over top of it… that way the pasta won't absorb all the liquid..
If you find this Minestrone Soup recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.