Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Homemade Split Pea Soup with Ham recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Homemade Split Pea Soup with Ham recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Strength Enhancing Snack foods.
Wholesome eating encourages a feeling of health and wellbeing. Increasing our daily allowance of healthy foods while lowering the intake of unhealthy types plays a role in a more balanced feeling. A piece of pizza will not have you feeling as healthy as consuming a fresh green salad. Sometimes it’s difficult to find wholesome foods for snacks between meals. Shopping for snack foods can be a challenge because you have a great number of options. Why not try some of the following nutritious snacks the next time you need some extra energy?
Whole grain snacks are an excellent choice for a fast wholesome snack. A mid-morning snack of whole grain bread together with some protein will maintain you until it’s time for lunch break. Eating on the run can be healthier with whole grain chips and crackers. Whole grains are generally better than highly processed grains present in white bread.
You will find lots of healthy snacks you can choose that do not involve a lot of preparation or searching. When you make the determination to be healthy, it’s uncomplicated to find exactly what you need to be successful at it.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to homemade split pea soup with ham recipe. You can have homemade split pea soup with ham using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to cook Homemade Split Pea Soup with Ham:
- Use 1 bag of split dried peas rinsed very well (I do not soak my split peas overnight).
- Take 1-2 of medium to large carrots cleaned and chopped into round nickel size.
- Prepare 1 stalk of celery cleaned and diced, I do not dice the white or the leaf stalks of the celery. I toss in the diced and the rest using them for flavour.
- Use of Option: ham (I cubed for her) I prefer no meat, although ham adds flavour.
- Take 2 of medium boxes : I do not measure : I covered the peas with Organic Low Sodium Chicken broth.
- You need 1 of large sweet onion diced.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic minced.
- Provide of Milk about 1 to 1-1/2 cups.
- Get Dash of nutmeg.
- Prepare of Salt and pepper to taste.. I used kosher salt and fresh ground peppet.
Steps to make Homemade Split Pea Soup with Ham:
- Using a large heavy gage pot. I used about 1/4 cup of olive oil..
- I allowed the pot get hot, poured out n rinsed split peas with diced carrots, onion, garlic, all of the celery pieces.
- Sauté until the vegetables are almost tender. Pour in slowly both boxes of low sodium chicken broth. Stir,.
- Place heat on medium high until it almost boils. Turn heat on low, allow to cook, about 20 minutes.
- Option: I like mine creamy, I use unsweetened almond milk. My friend brought skim milk..
- Once the soup is almost finished I like to use an Emersion hand blender to help thicken my soup.
- Option: I like a teaspoon full of A good plain green yogurt on top.
- Last but not least Enjoy 😊.
If you find this Homemade Split Pea Soup with Ham recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.