Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, if you’re looking for Navy Bean & Bacon Soup recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Navy Bean & Bacon Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Navy Bean & Bacon Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Treats that provide You Energy.
Eating healthy foods tends to make all the difference in the way we feel. We have a tendency to feel way less gross when we increase our consumption of nutritious foods and reduce our consumption of junk foods. A salad helps us feel better than a piece of pizza (physically in any case). Sometimes it’s difficult to find wholesome foods for snacks between meals. You can spend several hours at the supermarket searching for an ideal snack foods to allow you to feel healthy. Why not try one of many following wholesome snacks the next time you need some extra energy?
Whole grain meals are an superb choice for a fast wholesome snack. Starting your morning with a piece of whole grain bread toasted can give you that extra boost you need to get going. When you require a fast treat on your way out the door, do not forget to look for whole grain chips, pretzels, and crackers. Make the modification from refined products such as white bread to the healthier whole grain alternatives.
A large assortment of instant health snacks is easily obtainable. Being healthy and balanced doesnt have to be a battle-if you let it, it can be quite easy.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to navy bean & bacon soup recipe. To cook navy bean & bacon soup you only need 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Navy Bean & Bacon Soup:
- Get 1 lb of dried navy beans.
- Take 12 oz of thick cut bacon – slices cut across to 1/2" strips.
- Prepare 1 of medium yellow onion – diced.
- Provide 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- Provide 2 tsp of dried parsley.
- Use 6 cups of water.
- Prepare 1 cup of diced carrots.
- Prepare to taste of salt and pepper.
Instructions to make Navy Bean & Bacon Soup:
- Sort beans to remove any broken/bad beans or other abnormalities. Such as what is pictured here..
- Soak beans using one of the 2 following methods. Overnight: Place beans in a large bowl with 6-8 cups cold water and allow to soak at least 12 hrs. OR Quick Soak (which I prefer): Place beans in large pot (about 6 quart size). Add 6-8 cups cold water. Bring to a boil over medium high heat. Boil 2 minutes. Turn off heat, cover, let sit 1-2 hrs. Drain and rinse beans in a large colander. Set aside. Do not save soak water..
- If you quick soaked just rinse the pot you used. Place pot on stove over medium-high heat. When hot add all of bacon. Cook until browned and crisp, stirring occasionally..
- Add onion, garlic powder, and parsley (do not remove bacon or drain fat). Cook 2 minutes more stirring constantly. Return beans to pot. Add 6 cups cold water. Stir to combine. Do NOT add any salt or pepper yet..
- Bring to a boil for about 2 minutes. Cover with lid slightly offset to vent. Reduce heat to medium low. Simmer until beans are tender, about 2 hrs, adding carrots in last 30 minutes. Check and stir occasionally..
- When beans are tender use a slotted spoon to transfer about 1/2 cup to a medium bowl. Mash beans with fork and stir back into soup. Add salt and pepper to taste at this time (I went with a heaping tsp of salt and 1/4 tsp pepper). Serve with cornbread if desired. Enjoy!.
- See notes below ⤵.
- For those who do not know, the primary reason for not salting beans as they cook is because the added salt has the tendency to prevent the beans from becoming tender. I'm personally not sure of the exact reason, but I do know from personal experience that this is accurate so I always salt beans after they are tender..
If you find this Navy Bean & Bacon Soup recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.