Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Meat Curry with Cumin flavoured potatoes recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Meat Curry with Cumin flavoured potatoes recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Life.
Deciding to eat healthily offers many benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. Poor diet is a leading factor in illnesses such as heart disease and hypertension which can put a drain on the economy. There are more and more efforts to try to get people to follow a healthier way of living and yet it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is very bad for our health. Most likely, a lot of people believe that it takes a lot of work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically alter their way of life. Contrary to that information, individuals can modify their eating habits for the better by making a couple of small changes.
If you want to see results, it is definitely not a necessity to drastically modify your eating habits. Even more crucial than completely altering your diet is simply substituting healthy eating choices whenever you can. Soon enough, you will likely see that you will eat more and more healthy food as your taste buds get accustomed to the change. Like many other habits, change takes place over a period of time and as soon as a new way of eating becomes part of who you are, you won’t feel the need to revert to your old diet.
Therefore, it should be quite obvious that it’s not difficult to add healthy eating to your life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to meat curry with cumin flavoured potatoes recipe. To cook meat curry with cumin flavoured potatoes you only need 18 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook Meat Curry with Cumin flavoured potatoes:
- You need • 4 of potatoes egg , a little bigger than an.
- Provide of salt •.
- Take • 1 teaspoon of garam masala powder.
- Use • 2 teaspoons of coriander powder.
- You need • 1 teaspoon of cumin powder.
- Provide • 1 teaspoon of chile paprika red powder or.
- Use • 1/3 cup of oil.
- Get • 3/4 teaspoon of cumin seeds.
- Provide • 7 oz of onions , thinly sliced.
- Provide • 2 of cinnamon bay leaves or.
- Get • 2 of cardamoms large black.
- You need • 2 of cardamoms green.
- Use • 1/4 of mace in blade of.
- Provide • 2 teaspoons of ginger chopped fresh.
- Provide • 2 teaspoons of chopped garlic.
- Use • 1½ of lamb lamb stewing plus a couple of bones, chopped.
- Use • 1½ of tomatoes small , finely chopped.
- Use of Directions.
Steps to make Meat Curry with Cumin flavoured potatoes:
- Rub the potatoes with a little salt and set aside for 15 minutes. Rinse and dry. Mix the 4 spice powders with 2 teaspoons of water to make a paste Reserve.
- In a large pot, heat the oil and cumin seeds. When hot add the potatoes and saute until golden and crispy. Remove the potatoes and set aside. Strain the cumin seeds from the oil and put 3 tablespoons of the strained oil back into the pot.
- Add the onions and fry until medium brown, stirring from time to time. Add the cinnamon or bay leaf, the seeds of the black cardamom, the whole green cardamoms, and the mace. Continue to fry until the onions are deep brown, which will take about 25 minutes in all.
- Add the spice paste and stir fry for a minute or two, then add 2 tablespoons of water. Add the ginger and garlic and fry for another 30 seconds.
- Now put in the lamb and bones with the cinnamon and cloves and saute for 5-7 minutes, stirring even now and then. Add the tomatoes and let the meat fry in this mixture until the liquid from the tomatoes evaporates.
- Add 3½ cups of water and 1¼ teaspoons salt. Cover and cook over low heat for 35 minutes. Then put in the tried potatoes and cook until the meat is tender, making sure that the potatoes do not overcook (8-10 minutes). Remove the bones and cinnamon or bay leaf and add more salt if required If you want more curry, add an extra 1/2 cup of water when putting in the potatoes.
If you find this Meat Curry with Cumin flavoured potatoes recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.