Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Sri Lankan Forest Bittergourd Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Sri Lankan Forest Bittergourd Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Snacks that provide You Power.
We are all aware that having healthy foods can help us feel better inside our bodies. Increasing our intake of sensible foods while lowering the intake of unhealthy ones plays a part in a more balanced feeling. A salad tends to make us feel better than a piece of pizza (physically at any rate). Sometimes it’s difficult to find wholesome foods for something to eat between meals. Finding snack foods that will help us feel better and enhance our energy levels often involves lots of shopping and painstaking reading of labels. Here are a few healthy snacks that you can use when you need a quick pick me up.
Have a shot at eating almonds if you do not suffer from nut allergies. Almonds are sometimes considered a super food since they’re packed full of ingredients that help boost our vigor while keeping us healthy. These types of nuts contain lots of vitamins E, B2, and manganese. Tryptophan, an enzyme also found in turkey which induces drowsiness, is present in almonds. Having said that, you won’t need a nap after consuming almonds. Instead they will simply help your muscles and digestive tract relax while also helping you feel less stressed out. Almonds typically give a general increased a feeling of well-being.
A large selection of instant health snacks is easily obtainable. Determining to live a healthy lifestyle can be as uncomplicated as you want it to be.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to sri lankan forest bittergourd curry recipe. To cook sri lankan forest bittergourd curry you need 28 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Sri Lankan Forest Bittergourd Curry:
- Prepare For of Srilankan Curry Powder-.
- You need 1 tbsp of Coriander Seeds.
- Use 2 tsp of Cumin Seeds.
- Provide 2 tsp of Black Peppercorns.
- You need 2 tsp of Split Pigeon Peas/Toordal.
- Get 1/2 tsp of Mustard Seeds.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Aniseeds.
- You need 10 of Cloves.
- Take 4 of Green Cardamom Pods.
- Provide To of Marinate-.
- Take 200 g of Forest Bittergourd/Spiky Gourd/Kantola/Thumbs Karavilla.
- Provide 2 tsp of Red Chilli Powder.
- Provide 1/2 tsp of Turmeric Powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Asafoetida Powder/Hing.
- Use 1 tbsp of Sri Lankan Curry Powder.
- You need 2 tsp of Salt.
- Provide To of Season.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Coconut Oil.
- Take 3/4 tsp of Mustard.
- You need 1 inch of Cinnamon.
- Take 1 of Cardamom Pods.
- You need 2 of Cloves.
- Prepare few of Curry Leaves.
- Use 1 of Medium Sized Tomato(Finely Chopped).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Tamarind(Soak in 1/2 cup hot water & extract the pulp).
- Get 1/2 tsp of Jaggery.
- Provide 1 cup of Thick Coconut Milk.
- Use 1 tsp of Kewra water/Pandan Leaves Water.
Instructions to make Sri Lankan Forest Bittergourd Curry:
- Dry roast all the ingredients mentioned under the head "Sri Lankan Curry Powder"..
- Grind into a fine powder..
- Chop the Forest Bittergourds. No need to peel the skin or deseed..
- Add all the spice powders mentioned under the head "To marinate"..
- Coat the bittergourds with the spices. Allow it to marinate for 30 mins..
- Heat oil. Add in mustard seeds. Once they crackle, add cinnamon, cardamom, cloves & curry leaves. Saute.
- Put in chopped tomato & marinated Forest Bitter gourds..
- Saute on high flame to 3 mins..
- Add a few tsp water. Cover & cook for 5 mins on low flame..
- Pour in tamarind pulp & coconut milk. Add jaggery..
- Cook covered on medium flame for 10 mins..
- Uncover. Mix in the Kewra water..
- Offer Sri Lankan Thumba Karavilla Curry to Lord Sri Krishna along with Steamed Rice..
If you find this Sri Lankan Forest Bittergourd Curry recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.