Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Sweet Potato and Pecan nut Waffles with Maple syrup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Sweet Potato and Pecan nut Waffles with Maple syrup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Sweet Potato and Pecan nut Waffles with Maple syrup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Day-To-Day Life.
Healthy eating is now a great deal more popular than in the past and rightfully so. Poor diet is one factor in diseases such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can place a drain on the economy. No matter where you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier way of life but then again, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a detrimental way. In all likelihood, a lot of people think that it takes too much work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically change their way of life. It is possible, however, to make several simple changes that can start to make a good impact on our day-to-day eating habits.
You can make similar modifications with the oils that you use to cook your food. Olive oil, for example, contain monounsaturated fats which are basically good fats that counter the effects of bad cholesterol. Olive oil also provides vitamin E which is good for your skin, among other things. It might be that you already believe that you consume fruit and leafy greens but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you get these. If you decide to eat organic foods, you can avoid the problem of ingesting crops that may have been sprayed with toxic pesticides. If you can locate a good local supplier of fresh fruit and leafy greens, you can also consume foods that have not lost their nutrients due to storage or not being harvested at the right time.
All in all, it is easy to start to make healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to sweet potato and pecan nut waffles with maple syrup recipe. To cook sweet potato and pecan nut waffles with maple syrup you need 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Sweet Potato and Pecan nut Waffles with Maple syrup:
- Use 210 g of cake flour.
- You need 15 ml of baking powder.
- You need 15 ml of caster sugar.
- Get 15 ml of maple syrup(plus extra for roasting the sweet potato).
- Provide 150 g of pecan nuts roughly chopped.
- Provide 300 ml of milk.
- Provide 2 of free-range eggs (separated).
- Use 50 g of melted butter.
- Use 1 of medium sized sweet potato chopped into rounds/cubes.
- You need 1 pinch of cinnamon.
Steps to make Sweet Potato and Pecan nut Waffles with Maple syrup:
- To make the waffle mix, sift all of the dry ingredients into a bowl then add the sugar..
- Whisk the milk, the two egg yolks(separated from the eggs) and melted butter together. Add to the dry ingredients and mix until a smooth consistency is achieved..
- Beat the egg whites to a soft peak, add to the mix by folding. Set aside for 30 minutes..
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees C. Add the chopped sweet potato to a roasting dish and drizzle with the extra maple syrup and cinnamon. Roast for 25 minutes or until golden and caramelized. Set aside and let cool..
- Switch on your waffle machine. Roughly mash up the sweet potato, take care not to thoroughly mash up, as you need chunks of it to be present in the waffle for texture and taste. Roughly chop the pecan nuts and add both to the waffle mix, fold gently to until just combined.
- Using an ice cream scoop or big spoon, spoon the batter onto each side of the waffle compartments on the machine, close the machine and let cook for 3-5 minutes until golden brown and crisp (or follow the manufacturers instructions on the packaging) serve with a quenelle/scoop of vanilla ice cream, a sprinkling of pecan nuts and a light drizzle of maple syrup..
If you find this Sweet Potato and Pecan nut Waffles with Maple syrup recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.