Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Eggplant and Meatball Lasagna recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Eggplant and Meatball Lasagna recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Choice.
Healthy eating is now a great deal more popular than in the past and rightfully so. Poor diet is a leading factor in health problems such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can put a drain on the economy. There are more and more campaigns to try to get us to lead a more healthy lifestyle and yet it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is often bad for our health. People typically believe that healthy diets require a great deal of work and will significantly change the way they live and eat. In reality, though, just making a few minor changes can positively affect day-to-day eating habits.
One way to deal with this to start seeing some results is to realize that you do not need to alter everything straightaway or that you should completely do away with certain foods from your diet. Even more crucial than entirely changing your diet is just substituting healthy eating choices whenever you can. In time, you will likely find that you will eat more and more healthy food as your taste buds become accustomed to the change. Slowly, your eating habits will change and your new eating habits will completely replace the way you ate in the past.
All in all, it is not hard to begin making healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to eggplant and meatball lasagna recipe. You can cook eggplant and meatball lasagna using 17 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to cook Eggplant and Meatball Lasagna:
- You need of Eggplant pasta replacement.
- Take 2 of medium sized aubergine/ eggplants.
- Take As needed of salt.
- Provide As needed of extra virgin olive oil.
- Provide of Meatballs and sauce.
- Use 1-1/2 pound of beef meatballs.
- Provide 32 ounces of Mids Italian sausage pasta sauce.
- Use 1/4 cup of water to get and use all the sauce out of jar.
- Provide 3 tablespoons of concentrated tomato paste.
- Use 1-1/2 cups of pesto see my recipe walnut pesto.
- Use 2/3 pound of ground sirloin.
- Take 1/2 teaspoon of granulated garlic powder.
- You need 1 cup of grated Parmesan cheese.
- Take To taste of salt.
- Use To taste of ground white pepper.
- Take of Cheese.
- Take 2 cups of extra sharp cheddar cheese shredded divided.
Steps to make Eggplant and Meatball Lasagna:
- Peel the eggplant and cut one side to make flat surface. This will stabilize your eggplant when you slice it. Slice the eggplant thinly..
- Now salt the eggplant slices on both sides set in a bowl to drain the liquids. Doing this take all or most of the bitterness out of the eggplant slices. After an hour drain the liquids off and they are ready to use. The last picture on this step is the bitter liquids pulled out by the salt. I had about 1/2 cup total, on second draining..
- Cut the meatballs in half set aside. I usually keep meatballs in my freezer. See any of my recipes for meatballs. Shred the cheese, and set aside. When you pour the Mid's sauce in add a little water to the jar to get the rest out of jar..
- Preheat oven to 400°Fahrenheit heat the meatballs in a good sized pan. When browned remove and set aside. Add the Mids Italian sausage sauce to the pan then put in the ground sirloin. Bring to a simmer 20 minutes and stir in the tomato paste. Add the parmesan cheese. Stir in well..
- Add the olive oil to the eggplant. Cook on a cooking surface. Turn as needed. In a baking pan add some of the eggplant. I used a spring form pan..
- Add some of the meatballs cut side down. Cover the meatballs with half the sauce. Now add the pesto on top of sauce..
- Repeat the the same layers except you shouldn't have pesto on second layer. Add the shredded cheese on top. Put into the oven for 45 minutes..
- Take out of oven and let rest 15 minutes. Serve I hope you enjoy!!!!.
If you find this Eggplant and Meatball Lasagna recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.