Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Spicy Indian One Pot Curry recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Spicy Indian One Pot Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Spicy Indian One Pot Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Thing To Follow.
The benefits of healthy eating are nowadays being given more attention than ever before and there are good reasons why this is so. The overall economy is impacted by the number of men and women who are suffering from conditions such as hypertension, which is directly related to poor eating habits. Wherever you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier lifestyle but on the other hand, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a damaging way. People typically believe that healthy diets demand a great deal of work and will significantly change how they live and eat. In reality, however, merely making some small changes can positively impact daily eating habits.
You can make similar alterations with the oils that you use for cooking your food. Olive oil has monounsaturated fat which can help to lower bad cholesterol. It also has vitamin E which is beneficial for your skin, among other things. While you may already consume lots of fruits and vegetables, you might want to consider how fresh they are. If at all possible, go for organic produce that has not been sprayed with poisonous pesticides. If you can find a good local supplier of fresh fruit and leafy greens, you can also eat foods that have not lost their nutrients as a result of storage or not being picked at the right time.
Evidently, it’s not difficult to start incorporating healthy eating into your daily routine.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to spicy indian one pot curry recipe. To make spicy indian one pot curry you only need 37 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Spicy Indian One Pot Curry:
- Take of basic sauce.
- Use of oil.
- You need 2 tbsp of mustard seeds.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of clarified butter / cooking butter.
- Use 2 tbsp of fennel seeds.
- Provide 2 tbsp of fenugreek seeds.
- Prepare 3 large of onions, chopped.
- Provide 2 tbsp of ginger garlic paste.
- Provide 2 stalk of curry leaves, chopped.
- You need 4 each of green chillies.
- Take 5 large of ripe tomatoes.
- Get of beans (soaked for 12+ hours at least).
- Use 50 grams of black eyed peas.
- Prepare 50 grams of black gram.
- Provide 50 grams of lima beans.
- Use 8 each of garlic cloves.
- Provide 2 tbsp of curry powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Take of salt.
- Get of water.
- You need of vegetables.
- Take 2 medium of potatoes.
- Prepare 2 medium of brinjals / eggplants.
- You need 2 medium of carrots.
- You need 250 grams of bottle gourd / calabash.
- Prepare 250 grams of yellow pumpkin.
- Take of water.
- Provide of salt.
- Use of masalas.
- Use 1 tsp of turmeric powder.
- You need 2 tbsp of red chilli powder.
- Get 2 tbsp of coriander seeds powder.
- Get of salt.
- Prepare of finishing.
- Provide 1 cup of tamarind sauce.
- Use 1 pinch of asafoetida.
- Prepare of chopped cilantro leaves.
Instructions to make Spicy Indian One Pot Curry:
- Rinse the soaked beans and pressure cook them with 7-8 cloves of garlic, 1 tsp turmeric powder, all of the curry powder, salt and water enough to just cover the beans. The cooked beans should be intact but mush at the slightest pressure. Set aside..
- Roughly chop the vegetables and boil them till they are 3/4th cooked. Boiling the bottle gourd / calabash separately is advisable as it will disintegrate if cooked as much as the other vegetables. Set aside..
- Heat oil in a large curry pot. Add the clarified butter to it and let it melt..
- Next, add the mustard seeds and the fennel seeds and let them sputter. Add the fenugreek seeds. Take care not to burn them as it would spoil the basic sauce..
- Add the chopped onion to this and fry till they are semi translucent after which add the ginger garlic paste and fry till the raw smell is no more..
- Add the chopped curry leaves and slitted green chillies and fry. The aroma at this point would be a rich smell without any rawness to it..
- Add the chopped tomatoes and let the mixture blend. Add the salt and remaining turmeric powder, all of the red chilli powder to this. Let the tomatoes dissolve and the oil separate. Add a little stock from the boiled vegetables if the mixture is too dry..
- After the basic sauce is ready, add all the beans and vegetables along with the water it was cooked in. If you feel that the liquid part of the curry is less, add hot water and mix it in. Let it boil for 5-7 minutes..
- Add the tamarind sauce and asafoetida to the curry and boil for another 5 minutes. Finish with chopped cilantro leaves and serve hot..
- This curry can be eaten with rice, any kind of bread or even as a stand alone dish, sort of like an Indian version of the Mexican chili. You can customize the beans and vegetables according to their availability in your vicinity..
If you find this Spicy Indian One Pot Curry recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.