Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, if you’re looking for Kidney Beans Curry (Rajma, Waverley Kitchens) recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Kidney Beans Curry (Rajma, Waverley Kitchens) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Kidney Beans Curry (Rajma, Waverley Kitchens) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Life.
Healthy eating is nowadays much more popular than before and rightfully so. Poor diet is a contributing factor in illnesses such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can place a drain on the economy. No matter where you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy way of living but but then, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a detrimental way. It is likely that a lot of people feel it will take a lot of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to their way of life. In reality, however, simply making some minor changes can positively affect day-to-day eating habits.
One initial thing you can do is to pay close attention to the choices you make when you’re shopping for food because you probably choose a lot of items out of habit. For example, if you eat cereal for your breakfast, do you ever look to see what the sugar and salt content is before getting it? One heart-healthy substitute that can give you a great start to your day is oatmeal. You don’t like eating oatmeal on its own, try adding fresh fruits that can supply you with other healthy nutrients and as such, one simple change to your diet has been achieved.
Evidently, it’s not at all hard to start integrating healthy eating into your life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to kidney beans curry (rajma, waverley kitchens) recipe. You can cook kidney beans curry (rajma, waverley kitchens) using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to cook Kidney Beans Curry (Rajma, Waverley Kitchens):
- Get 1 can of kidney beans (15 oz).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of tomato paste (or 2 big tomatoes diced).
- You need 1 small of onion.
- Use 1 clove of garlic.
- Prepare 1 bunch of cilantro.
- Prepare of spice blends order at www.waverleykitchens.com.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of WK SEED BLEND.
- Prepare 2 tsp of WK BEAN BLEND.
- Use of pantry items.
- Get 1 tbsp of cooking oil (your choice of oil).
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt (to your taste).
- You need 3 quart of sauce pot with cover.
Instructions to make Kidney Beans Curry (Rajma, Waverley Kitchens):
- Strain and wash 1 can kidney beans; grind or dice 1 small onion and 1 garlic clove; set aside.
- Add 1 tbsp oil to pot and 1/2 tsp 'WK Seed Blend'.
- Heat oil at medium heat until there is small movement in spices (usually 2 min).
- Immediately add onion and garlic (if used) to pot, and 1 tbsp tomato paste; stir until golden brown (usually 3 min).
- Add 2 tsp 'WK Bean Blend', 1/2 tsp salt (to your taste), kidney beans to pot and 2 cups water.
- Set to medium low heat, cover pot and cook for 20 min; stir occasionally and mash some kidney beans.
- Optional: garnish with 2 tbsp coarsely chopped cilantro.
- For a full meal add: – Rice, naan, bread or heated whole wheat tortilla – Salad – Any sabji – Yogurt Variations: – To make hot add chopped jalapeño pepper or red chilli powder – Add 1 boiled potato – Canned beans can be substituted by soaking beans overnight – Side item: chopped onion with salt, red chilli powder and lemon juice.
If you find this Kidney Beans Curry (Rajma, Waverley Kitchens) recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.