Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Beef Tendon Soup with vegetables / Nilaga / Bone Broth recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Beef Tendon Soup with vegetables / Nilaga / Bone Broth recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Option.
Making the decision to eat healthily has great benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. The overall economy is affected by the number of individuals who are suffering from conditions such as high blood pressure, which is directly related to poor eating habits. No matter where you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy lifestyle but on the other hand, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a damaging way. Most likely, a lot of people think that it takes too much work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically alter their lifestyle. In reality, however, merely making a couple of minor changes can positively affect everyday eating habits.
These changes are possible with all types of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you use on bread. Olive oil is a monounsaturated fat which can help to fight bad cholesterol. It also provides vitamin E which is beneficial for your skin, among other things. If you currently eat lots of fresh fruits and leafy greens, you may want to think about where you’re getting them and if it’s the best source. If at all possible, go for organic produce that has not been sprayed with poisonous chemical substances. If you can locate a good local supplier of fresh fruit and veggies, you can also ingest foods that have not lost their nutrients as a result of storage or not being harvested at the right time.
Obviously, it’s easy to start integrating healthy eating into your life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to beef tendon soup with vegetables / nilaga / bone broth recipe. You can have beef tendon soup with vegetables / nilaga / bone broth using 15 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Beef Tendon Soup with vegetables / Nilaga / Bone Broth:
- Prepare 500-700 g of beef, with tendon and bone in.
- Provide 2 of medium red onions, quartered.
- Take 5 of garlic cloves, crushed.
- Get 3 of dried bay leaves.
- Take 2 of large potatoes, quartered.
- Use 3 pinches of black peppercorns.
- Prepare to taste of Ground black pepper.
- Use to taste of Salt.
- You need 3-4 cups of water.
- Get 1 of beef bullion or broth cube.
- Prepare 1 bunch of Chinese pechay (see step 9 photo), separated.
- You need 4-5 of cabbage leaves, whole but separated.
- Prepare 1 bunch of green beans, tips and threads removed.
- Prepare 2 of carrots, quartered.
- Get 1 stalk of leek, cut crosswise (optional).
Instructions to make Beef Tendon Soup with vegetables / Nilaga / Bone Broth:
- Since this is beef tendon, you'll need a pressure cooker! Rub salt and pepper all over the beef. Add in the bones (this is what makes it tasty!), the beef meat, and the tendon in the pot. Throw in one of the onions, the bay leaves and 3 garlic cloves. Add the bullion cube and 3-4 cups water, depending on size of your pot. It should cover the beef..
- Cover properly and pressure cook for 15 mins- btw only start timing it when it starts to whistle. So that means its actually in the pot for more than 15… Take note of this..
- When it's time, turn off the heat and follow your pressure cooker instructions to avoid getting scalded with boiling liquid!.
- After opening, bring it back to the stove. Taste and adjust accordingly. Add your potatoes and the remaining onions, garlic. Simmer on medium heat covered. About 10 mins..
- Add your carrots, simmer for another 7 minutes..
- Add green beans, leeks, cover another 3 mins. I normally add one red finger chili at this point, and I run my knife in the middle to let the heat come out when cooking. Gives just enough spiciness to the soup. ;).
- Taste, adjust saltines or spiciness. Add the the pechay, cover for another minute then turn off the heat..
- Leave it covered for another 2 minutes then separate the veggies unto a plate to prevent over cooking..
- Serve while hot. Eat with rice (in Asia)..
If you find this Beef Tendon Soup with vegetables / Nilaga / Bone Broth recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.