Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, if you’re looking for Cauliflower curry – vegan recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Cauliflower curry – vegan recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Cauliflower curry – vegan recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Choice.
The benefits of healthy eating are these days being given more publicity than ever before and there are a number of reasons why this is so. There are numerous health conditions associated with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from diseases such as heart disease and hypertension. Although we’re incessantly being encouraged to stick with healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not good for us. A lot of people typically assume that healthy diets call for much work and will significantly change the way they live and eat. Contrary to that information, people can change their eating habits for the better by implementing a few small changes.
One initial thing you can do is to pay close attention to the choices you make when you’re shopping as you probably choose a lot of food items out of habit. For instance, did you ever think to check how much sugar and salt are in your favorite cereal? Consuming a bowl of oatmeal will supply you with the energy to face the day while protecting your heart simultaneously. By adding fresh fruit, you can make oatmeal taste better and, before you know it, you will have made a good change to your diet.
Thus, it should be fairly obvious that it’s easy to add healthy eating to your everyday life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to cauliflower curry – vegan recipe. You can have cauliflower curry – vegan using 22 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Cauliflower curry – vegan:
- Prepare 1 tbsp of olive oil or coconut oil for roasting the cauliflower.
- Take 2 tbsp of olive oil or coconut oil for the pan.
- Use 1 tsp of ground cumin.
- Prepare 1 tsp of mustard seeds.
- Provide 1/2 tsp of Dhania / or other coriander seeds.
- Take 1 tsp of cumin seeds.
- Take 1 tsp of garam masala powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground turmeric.
- Take 1/2 tsp of chilli powder.
- Take 1/2 of small onion, peeled and chopped.
- Take 2 of garlic cloves, peeled and crushed.
- Provide 2 cm of chunk of ginger, peeled and grated.
- Prepare 2 of curry leaves.
- Use 1 cup of cauliflower, chopped into small florets.
- Get 1/3 cup of new potatoes, chopped into small chunks.
- Provide 1/4 cup of peas.
- Use 1/2 cup of green beans, chopped into 2 cm ish pieces.
- You need of couple of handfuls of spinach.
- Prepare 1/2 of lime.
- Prepare 1/2 can of light coconut milk.
- Provide of Salt and pepper.
- You need of Fresh coriander to garnish if you have.
Steps to make Cauliflower curry – vegan:
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Put the oil for the cauliflower in a bowl, add the ground cumin and some seasoning and mix. Toss the cauliflower in the bowl. Then put the cauliflower onto a lined baking sheet and roast for ~25 mins..
- Heat the oil in a big pan. Add the mustard, coriander and cumin seeds. Once they start popping, add the turmeric, garam masala and chilli powder and cook for 1 min..
- Add the garlic, ginger and onion and cook for 10 mins. Have the heat on medium-low so things don’t burn..
- Add the potatoes. Coat them in the spices. Sauté for 10-15 mins..
- Add the curry leaves and coconut milk. I also add 1/4 – 1/2 cup water. Depends on how soupy you want the curry. Bring to the boil. Then cover and simmer for 10 mins or so..
- When the cauliflower is roasted, add to the pan along with the beans and peas. Cover and simmer for 5-10 mins..
- Stir in the lime juice and the spinach. Cover and cook for a couple of minutes til the spinach starts to wilt..
- Serve with rice or chapatti..
If you find this Cauliflower curry – vegan recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.